Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Hammertoe Surgery - Any Takers?  (Read 76 times)

Offline Potatoes

• ɗℴ℘∈
  • Rec's: 4
  • Mood: Relaxed
    Relaxed
  • When she says she loves me.
    • Poke This Member
Hammertoe Surgery - Any Takers?
« on: February 22, 2014, 01:30:21 AM »
I'm planning on having Hammertoe surgery done. on both feet. There are chances for complications in it as my podiatrist had told me,

He offered options such as like different types of pads and stuff.

The metatarsals are causing a callus on the ball of my foot that causes a lot of pain when walking barefoot or when running or doing heavy lifting as your foot presses down on that hard tissue, it's very uncomfortable.

I would be out of commission for quite a while and I probably won't be able to do much of my exercising and gym activities for a long long time following it....

I'm contemplating if it's worth it.

I need to cancel my appointment I have set up on the 5th because I can't have the surgery done while I'm in school because I'll probably be bed/couch/home ridden and off my feet for AT LEAST two weeks... recovery time after that seems to be quite a while....

I mean it's bothersome because the callus builds up but it can been sheered away, but still it hurts and I often wonder if I cause more pain on the other parts of my foot from running on the outer sides of my foot (avoiding the direct pressure of the callus).

I have insole pads that re-distribute the weight off of the callus but it is still pretty painful.

Has anyone got this done? Is it worth it?
Bookmark and Share
Centuries are what it meant to me,
A cemetery where I marry the sea.

Offline patmob

• Rec's: 6
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Hammertoe Surgery - Any Takers?
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2014, 09:09:52 AM »
My mom had it done at the age of 75 while she lived alone.  She made it through and was thrilled with the results.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: