Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Returning to work Monday - nervous!  (Read 141 times)

Offline Graceski8

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Hyper
    Hyper
  • Agoraphobic
    • Poke This Member
Returning to work Monday - nervous!
« on: February 21, 2014, 10:04:14 AM »
I've had 6 months off work due to my anxiety problems and have to return now. I have been working from home the whole time but it's come to the point where they need me in the office and I think it will be good for me to go back now. Sitting at home isn't making it go away and it will be good for me to get some normality back in my life.

Anyway I'm really nervous, I haven't really left my house in 6 months not properly anyway. I've been doing CBT but haven't got anywhere near the stage where i'm comfortable yet. Although I feel better overall I'm just worried that I'm not going to be able to cope. I feel like I've forgotten how to be a normal person now!!

The thought of travelling on the train is freaking me out, I haven't been on a train to work in a long time. Plus there's a vomiting bug going around and my brother now has it, so I'm thinking 'what if i catch it' I don't want to go in to work and be ill I hate being ill !!  :sick0002:

Anyone been off work for a long time and gone back? What was it like? Any tips on how to stay calm and cope with it?

My job didn't cause my anxiety, and everyone there knows I struggle with it...
Bookmark and Share

Offline MobileChucko

• Try? Try not! There is no try...
  • Global Moderator
  • Rec's: 23
  • Mood: Curious
    Curious
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Returning to work Monday - nervous!
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2014, 12:49:24 PM »
Hello, Grace...

You indicated that you have been engaged in cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT).  That's great!  I just started CBT, several weeks ago.  As you are aware, CBT teaches you to face your fears, head-on...

Since you don't start work until Monday, I have a suggest to make.  Over the weekend, either Saturday or Sunday, pretend that it is Monday.  Get showered and dressed, just as if you were going to work.  Then, even take the train to the area where you work.  Walk right-up to your building of employment, and say, "I 'WILL' be seeing you on the real Monday!".  Pat yourself on the back, and treat yourself to lunch out, or some ice cream, something special.

You can do this because you are special, and you are so much more than your anxiety.  Please let us know how you do.

The very, very best to you, Grace!...  Chuck :grinning-smiley-003:
Bookmark and Share

Tags: