Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Lightheaded during chiropractic exam  (Read 216 times)

Offline Alphaba79

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Sick
    Sick
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Lightheaded during chiropractic exam
« on: February 21, 2014, 12:41:05 AM »
I've been having some low back and neck pain and my coworker recommended I see her chiropractor. The first time I went he did a full exam and then the next time I went, I was given an adjustment. He is not a doctor who "cracks" your spine. He uses a tool called an actuator gun to adjust the spine. Well he used the tool on my neck and back and almost immediately after, I began to feel extremely light headed like I would pass out. I was lying in a horizontal position on the table so I don't know how it would be possible for me to lose consciousness but it felt real. I've blacked out before and I know how it feels right before collapsing. My chiropractor didn't seem concerned. He just asked me to keep myself in a horizontal position and gave me some water. Naturally, I went into full blown panic mode, thinking I was going to die. After about 20 minutes, the sensation faded and I felt semi-normal again. The next time I went for an adjustment, I got the same lightheaded sensation, although not as strong as the first.
It's scared me so much that I've stopped going to the chiropractor. Could the lightheaded sensation be all in my head?
Has anyone else experienced this before? Thanks!
Bookmark and Share

Offline crikee57

• Rec's: 68
  • Mood: Sleepy
    Sleepy
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Lightheaded during chiropractic exam
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2014, 03:38:42 AM »
I have been going to a chiropractor for years and my chiropractor uses the same activator technique as yours.  The dizzy feeling is something that I have experienced many times with my adjustments.  I especially feel them when my chiro adjusts my neck.   I have issues with my atlas t the base of the skull and that has a huge impact on balance.  When it gets adjusted it is very common for me to experience the dizziness for awhile.  It does sometimes trigger my panic as well so I completely understand what you are feeling, but it is nothing to be concerned with especially since it fades within a short amount of time.
Bookmark and Share
It's not what's in front of us that stops us.  It's what's inside that holds us back.

Tags: