Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: MS fear...again  (Read 295 times)

Offline javajoe

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
MS fear...again
« on: February 20, 2014, 10:23:19 PM »
Well, it's been a while since I've been on here, but I feel the need to post again...

I had an MRI in late October last year - pretty much 4 months ago to the day. Anyway, the MRI came back totally normal - no MS.

Since then I've been taking paxil once a day to help calm my anxiety, but I've still been getting all these crazy neuro like symptoms.

My left eye has been twitching off and on every day for the last month or so - my right will sometimes as well, but it's mostly my left - as soon as I close them the twitching stops. Aside from that, on my left hand on the palm side below my thumb - that area will get numb off and on pretty much every day, also for the last month or so. Then, just in the last week, my left foot will get burning sensations - the bottom of my foot will get really warm.

Then, just now - I was crouching on my feet and curled my left toes and put weight on them - now my one toe is tingling - almost like I damaged a nerve? It won't stop tingling - it's constant.

This has got me all freaked out again and I'm trying to so hard not to call my Neuro again (I think he's sick of hearing from me).

Is it likely that I could have MS now despite having a clean MRI just 4 months ago?
Bookmark and Share

Offline Hypo84

• Rec's: 15
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: MS fear...again
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2014, 02:49:14 AM »
Eye twitching has nothing to do with MS. You piched your nerve and so your toe is tingling.

Your MRI was clean only 4 months ago, so chances of you having MS are minimal.
Bookmark and Share

Offline javajoe

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2014, 11:19:30 AM »
Eye twitching has nothing to do with MS. You piched your nerve and so your toe is tingling.

Your MRI was clean only 4 months ago, so chances of you having MS are minimal.

I guess the thing that really concerns me is the numbness in my thumb and area around my thumb on my left hand - not my right - left only.

Also, on my right leg on my food - when I put weight on it for an extended period of time the bottom of my foot will feel like it's vibrating off and on - and I'll get tingling in my toes - again all this on the left side of my body.

That's what worries the hell out of me.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Hypo84

• Rec's: 15
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2014, 11:36:17 AM »
I get it...you may have some pinched nerves and tension in neck can cause tingling/numbness in hands.

Like I said before, by having clean MRI only 4 months ago, odds of you having MS are really minimal. It's much more likely that something else is causing the problem.

If it's bothering you, go to neurologist to check it out.
Bookmark and Share

Offline javajoe

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2014, 12:10:43 PM »
I get it...you may have some pinched nerves and tension in neck can cause tingling/numbness in hands.

Like I said before, by having clean MRI only 4 months ago, odds of you having MS are really minimal. It's much more likely that something else is causing the problem.

If it's bothering you, go to neurologist to check it out.

Trying to convince myself that.

Just freaking me out that this is only happening on the left side of my body - right is totally fine.

Left hand and left foot.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: