Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Anxiety has returned...need someone to talk to  (Read 209 times)

Online laneysmom25

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Anxiety has returned...need someone to talk to
« on: February 20, 2014, 09:44:15 PM »
So. First off I'm 28 years old and I have two children. I've had anxiety since 15 when my first panic attack happened. My anxiety and worry hAs always revolved around my health. I'm so scared of cancer and heart problems. I've been on celexa for about five years and it's worked great for me. I'd still get anxiety but not as bad as usual. Well here recently roughly 3 weeks ago my anxiety and worry had been insanely bad. I've been getting chest pains, dizziness weird sensations out of no where. I had a migraine yesterday with visual disturbances that scared me to death. I worry about death a lot and dying suddenly or from a serious illness. I just don't know what to do. It's getting to the point where I'm getting scared to leave my house. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks
Bookmark and Share

Offline HayMichele28

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Anxiety has returned...need someone to talk to
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2014, 12:46:48 AM »
I think that is a fear of every one of us with high anxiety levels.  I know I dont like to think of death and I quickly try to put it out of mind when I do start to think about it.  It is a fact of life that we are all going to die.  You just have to remind yourself that you are young and healthy.  You need to live your life and enjoy it.  If something like cancer or heart problems do happen to you then you will cross that bridge if it comes.  Dont worry about something that isnt happening right now.  You will be fine  :yes:
Bookmark and Share

Offline Potatoes

• ɗℴ℘∈
  • Rec's: 4
  • Mood: Relaxed
    Relaxed
  • When she says she loves me.
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2014, 12:51:47 AM »
Hey there girlie,

I know times are tough, but I want you to know that I'm here to give you some support. Sometimes nothing works better than talking someone, especially when the mind is being infatuated with these sometimes horrifying thoughts and worry. I'm a huge worrier, but I'm getting better. I'm taking Zoloft and my anxiety has spiked through the roof, so I kind of get an idea of those with heightened anxiety feel like. To this day I'll never underestimate it.

There is nothing wrong with worrying but one should never let it take over your life. You are a successful mom of two children, and it sounds like you've been struggling with anxiety for quite a while. It never goes away, so there is no sense in throwing a penny in a fountain and wishing you'll wake up without it. It's a long process that takes a lot of commitment. success in understanding your situation and learning to control your thoughts and your personal struggles all lie on a foundation of how badly you want to overcome your anxiety. It will always be there and you must accept that, but how you're willing to manage it is all in your hands.

Health worries must be extremely scary, I have had a few every once in a while but if push comes to shove you seek professional help from someone that you trust and you put faith in that. One can't simply diagnose themselves on every bad disease or illness.... or we'd all be a wreck. Beat yourself over your head with worry and it's going to give you a headache.

From the sounds of it maybe you should consult with your doctor about your Celexa, keeping in good contact with him/her is the only way that you know that what you're taking to treat your anxiety is actually helping and not failing you. Nobody likes to waste money and nobody likes to feel agony, You've got to do what's best for you. If you let Anxiety overcome you, it will snowball you... I promise you that with all of my heart.

Don't worry about death. I was a big death worrier... But everybody has their time... It's irrelevant. so there is no sense spending such a wonderful life worrying about where life takes us. Whether it be tomorrow or 100 years in your sleep, you do not know. It's unavoidable and that's okay. I don't mean to trigger you if I do, but I just want you to know that you must look past it... there is just too many variables. you do far too much damage worrying about things you shouldn't worry about that you would do believing that everything is okay, and seeking help when something isn't right.

You sound like a great individual and you must do what's best for you. chest pains and dizziness as well as migraines and visual disturbances are very common with Anxiety and if you want answers, speak with your doctor... who knows, maybe your need to switch your Celexa or fluxuate the doseage.

Just relax and enjoy the good things in life. there's ALWAYS something out there that will put a smile on your face.

Best wishes to you.
Bookmark and Share
Centuries are what it meant to me,
A cemetery where I marry the sea.

Offline clippergoodwill

• Rec's: 12
    Relaxed
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2014, 02:42:31 AM »
Migraines with visual auras (color splotches, etc) are not all that uncommon, and you could be having some vestibular migraines at the same time. Vestibular migraines are very common, and a lot of doctors don't even consider them an illness, more like a variant of the human form. If the headaches keep up, I'd see a neurologist or physician at the least about them. Not that there's anything more serious going on, it's just not healthy to endure that kind of pain all the time.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Potatoes

• ɗℴ℘∈
  • Rec's: 4
    Relaxed
  • When she says she loves me.
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2014, 04:00:16 AM »
Dr. Clippergoodwill PHD. M.D BSN PCP reporting in.
Bookmark and Share
Centuries are what it meant to me,
A cemetery where I marry the sea.

Offline kickster

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2014, 04:19:05 AM »
i started feeling that same things for a year now , what seems to calm me down is, i end up googling and read other peoples positive stories, it makes me focus and keeps my mind busy, so i guess u shud read peoples stories, dont read about symptoms, just read about other people and how they came through it.

positive thoughts help

and MAIN thing, dont sleep too much, sleeping more than 8 hours a day will give u more anxiety. even if u feel sleepy. take a 10min nap and wake up.
Bookmark and Share

Offline monicav82

• Mood: Content
    Content
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2014, 02:51:43 AM »
I completely understand what you are going through.  I worry so much when it comes to.my health. I got a migraine today which cause lots of  pain and vomiting. It is so hard not to think the worst. I take escitroplam which def helps but it doesnt cure the anixety at all.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: