Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Night sweats and bruising are ba-aack. Fun.  (Read 270 times)

Offline mollyfin

• Rec's: 39
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Night sweats and bruising are ba-aack. Fun.
« on: February 20, 2014, 07:39:47 PM »
Blah, I try not to give in to my hypochondria worries as much these days because for whatever reason I'm getting better at dodging them.  I think getting a full blood workup when I was having petechiae outbreaks and night sweats and being told I was fine snapped me out of it for a while.  But ugh right now not doing so well.  I have three big bruises that popped up out of nowhere, and my night sweats and burning up/overheated feeling have returned.  I'm not totally panicked yet, just low-level anxiety, but having a hard time getting it under control.

I hope everyone here is doing better - I don't come by much any more because I'm afraid of accidentally setting myself off again, but I think of y'all all the time. 
Bookmark and Share

Offline Allytiel90

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Sleepy
    Sleepy
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Night sweats and bruising are ba-aack. Fun.
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2014, 08:56:55 PM »
What exactly are you worried about right now? Leukemia or lymphoma? I'm 23, one child and started sweating at night 4 months ago. It did start lining up with my period at first, like mostly stuck towards the last half of my cycles, but ever since I quit my bc pills a month ago, they have gotten more frequent and past 3 nights, been worse than usual. :( not soaking, but last night was prob the worst in a while. My back was quite damp and my sheet underneath it was too. My shirt was actually uncomfy enough to change. I took my temp every time I woke sweating last night and it only was from 97.9-98.3. The doc has told me in the past to take me temp when I night sweat but I'm not sure I see the point? If you had a fever wouldn't it be gone when you are actually sweating? Ugh idk. Been itchy too... I'm sure I have lymphoma. Been to the doc for chest X-ray, blood tests, ultrasounds or pelvic area and abdomen, but nothing has shown yet. I've been an utter mess this week, my poor family :(
Bookmark and Share

Offline mollyfin

• Rec's: 39
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2014, 04:10:45 AM »
Truly, I don't even know what to worry about any more!  Facepalm. 

I've done the lymphoma thing more times than I can count but I always checked out just fine - I think it's more than likely you will too.  Good luck!
Bookmark and Share

Offline CrazyQuacker75

• Mood: Relaxed
    Relaxed
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2014, 05:19:55 PM »
Ally all those test are great for looking for troublesome lymph nodes, I think something would of shown on them if you had lymphoma especially the chest x-ray and different ultrasounds.
Bookmark and Share
In the race against myself

Offline Sunlover

• Rec's: 18
  • Mood: Lazy
    Lazy
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2014, 05:59:53 PM »
What exactly are you worried about right now? Leukemia or lymphoma? I'm 23, one child and started sweating at night 4 months ago. It did start lining up with my period at first, like mostly stuck towards the last half of my cycles, but ever since I quit my bc pills a month ago, they have gotten more frequent and past 3 nights, been worse than usual. :( not soaking, but last night was prob the worst in a while. My back was quite damp and my sheet underneath it was too. My shirt was actually uncomfy enough to change. I took my temp every time I woke sweating last night and it only was from 97.9-98.3. The doc has told me in the past to take me temp when I night sweat but I'm not sure I see the point? If you had a fever wouldn't it be gone when you are actually sweating? Ugh idk. Been itchy too... I'm sure I have lymphoma. Been to the doc for chest X-ray, blood tests, ultrasounds or pelvic area and abdomen, but nothing has shown yet. I've been an utter mess this week, my poor family :(

Sounds hormonal to me actually.  Did you talk to your ObGyn about it? (it DOES cause itching too)
And did you have your thyroid checked?  Thyroid mimics female hormone imbalance
Bookmark and Share

Offline utotwel

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2014, 06:05:24 PM »
My Mom is always feeling overheated like that. She sleeps with this gigantic fan pointed right at her. Been like that for years. She doesn't have lymphoma.

My wife bruises crazy easily. Like I was kinda taken aback when we first got married how easily she bruises (before I was hypochondriac). She said its always been like that. Been married for almost five years. Apparently nothing serious.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: