Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: help up googling about leukemia:'( :'(  (Read 94 times)

Offline tymommy

• Rec's: 2
  • Mood: Depressed
    Depressed
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
help up googling about leukemia:'( :'(
« on: February 20, 2014, 10:19:41 AM »
 :(So im here again to talk about my son. Hes5.hes always sick more often than my 4year old and i constantly worry. He had periorbital cellulitis in November and was hospitalized for that. Then in December he had a reaction to the laughing gas at the dentist so he had a heart echo to rule out heart problems. That came back normal as well as an ultra sound and xray of his heart. Then last weekend he had a very sudden fever of 104.5(he's neverever had a fever that high)with severe back and neck pain. So at the hospital they gave him a spinal tap and cbc blood test,flu test,urine test,and strep test. All were normal except white blood cells were high. Well,there weren't any other symptoms so i was like wth is this??the next day was  better and and hadlow grade fever but terrible hip/waist pain. All seems to have gone away by Monday. It started Saturday... so im like wtheck?then he woke up in terrible pain because his right foot toes and knee hurts lastnight . Its usually the same foot.  I worry its leukemia:'( :'( .he also has two large lymphnodes on his neck that never go away and several little ones. His great aunt died from leukemia in the 1980's at 16yrs old. On top of that drs gave me an abdominal ctscan when i was just days pregnant with him (noone knew).so im scared outta my mind. I want to just relax but i can't help but think the worst. And those st jude commercials come on and i have a full on panic attack.iwas up till 4am googling.....HELP!!
Bookmark and Share

Offline wegngis

• Rec's: 15
  • Mood: Exhausted
    Exhausted
  • Personal Text
    • Poke This Member
Re: help up googling about leukemia:'( :'(
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2014, 10:34:57 AM »
Well, I can tell you from personal experience, Dr. Google is not your friend.  Rarely does he give you an accurate diagnosis.  Rather, he'll give you the shotgun prediction that it "could be any one of these 99 diseases" or "go to the ER right away."  In a way, he's right, chest pain means go to the ER.  But, in my case, I've had chest pain almost 24/7 for 20 months.  Should I be going to the ER?  No.  Why?  The doctor told me (multiple visits) that it's not my heart.  EKGs, echos, stress tests, etc.  My point is, you can really drive yourself mad trying to diagnose something.  Does this mean there's no place for research?  No, it just means that some people, you and I sound similar, end up driving themselves batty over stuff like this.  I would suggest bringing up your concerns with medical professionals, and try to give Dr. Google a break.  He normally only brings heartache and stress.
Bookmark and Share
MOST anxiety happens at the subconscious level.  JUST because you don't feel consciously anxious or had a day or two of calm doesn't mean your mind & body are relaxed.  It can take months of reduced anxiety before a body goes back to a more non-reactive state.  - AnxietyZone member Sixpack

Offline MissSteele

• Rec's: 4
  • Mood: Loved
    Loved
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: help up googling about leukemia:'( :'(
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2014, 11:55:52 AM »
Yes, stay off Google! Cardinal rule #1 for anxiety sufferers. I have to fight the urge plenty of times, but I am always glad I manage to do so. It only makes things worse.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: