Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Banged my head - and now I'm scared.  (Read 311 times)

Offline NightBlizzard

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Scared
    Scared
  • Just Breathe
    • Poke This Member
Banged my head - and now I'm scared.
« on: February 19, 2014, 03:18:08 PM »
Which ... my mom says is really silly of me.

Basically we were going down the stairs of our basement to get to the garage. The light wasn't on and so as I was walking slowly down the steps (I have to be careful because the steps are really small) I accidentally hit my head against the concrete above. I hit right on the edge of my forehead (not exactly the side of my head... but not a directly on the forehead.) I don't think I hit very hard because even though I sat down afterwards (mostly because I was like '...wow I seriously just hit my head on THAT?) It wasn't a hard hit, my head made a clunking sound against the concrete, but the hit didn't make me stumble or fall over. It didn't hurt when I hit it, and it didn't hurt afterwards, my mother checked it out and said my head wasn't swelling, red, and she didn't see or feel any bumps. I've heard stories on the news of people feeling fine and than later dying of internal bleeding and it's made me nervous (which is a terrible thing because of course... anxiety can cause symptoms too!)
Bookmark and Share
"Grant that my hands be steady, my aim be true, and my feet swift. And should the worst come to pass - grant me forgiveness"

Offline hannah-rose

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Banged my head - and now I'm scared.
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2014, 05:01:10 PM »
Hey!!

I know it's hard, but please song worry! You will be absolutely fine! You didn't hit it hard and you don't even have a bump! When people hit their heads they done times get MASSIVE bumps and survive, you'll be fine!!
Bookmark and Share

Offline Hypo84

• Rec's: 15
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2014, 05:21:44 PM »
You will be fine. :)
Bookmark and Share

Offline Dragi316

• Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2014, 06:59:37 PM »
Your ok really :) the only time to worry is if you lost consciousness when you hit your head.
Bookmark and Share

Offline CrazyQuacker75

• Mood: Relaxed
    Relaxed
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2014, 11:27:10 PM »
I'm sure you'll be fine, I'm 6'2 so when ever I'm in a basement or someplace with a low roof I hit my head on something, I've even fallen out a shopping cart and landed on my head an was fine OUCH!
Bookmark and Share
In the race against myself

Offline Storyweaver

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2014, 02:29:21 AM »
I've banged my head all the time! I just did the other day, over my temple. If you were not nauseous, dizzy, unconscious, bleeding, or badly bruised after... you are absolutely fine!
Bookmark and Share

Offline PrinceOfWorry

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2014, 04:12:14 AM »
Years ago in college, I slipped in a shower while drunk and whacked my head on the tile floor hard enough to knock myself unconscious. Stupid peers carried me to bed (I appreciate the thought, but they certainly should have tried instead to wake me and NOT let me sleep in case of a concussion). Luckily I came to the next morning, but that may well have killed me. It didn't, however. I have had no issues with my brains since. The brain is very very well protected and it takes something pretty spectacular to put it in peril.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Lunatone

• Rec's: 19
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2014, 08:36:12 AM »
You sound coherent and rational, which is itself impressive since you have health anxiety. I don't think you need to worry.

Do keep in mind, people have done things like.. Fallen out of airplanes without a parachute and lived. Its easy to forget just how resilient our bodies are.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: