Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: New Here  (Read 115 times)

Offline Worry2Much

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Worried
    Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
New Here
« on: February 19, 2014, 12:27:45 PM »
I have been lurking for awhile and decided to finally join as it seems I can find many others complaining about the same symptoms I have.

I and a 30 year old female. I have two children under 5 years old and I am a sahm.
I have had panic attacks in the past before having kids and I have a couple after but no where like that were before.
I do however and anxiety almost every second of the day.
My biggest fear is cancer. I am so afraid of something happening to me and leaving my children without a mother.

I have a lot of stomach issues and seen a GI doctor a few months back. She diagnosed me with IBS without any other testing let alone physically checking my stomach.
In my head there is something wrong with my liver or kidney. My right side hurts and goes from around my hip area all the way up to my ribs.
I had an emergency appendectomy one year ago and wonder if the pain is coming from that however the upper right pain started a couple months prior to that.

I also am huge on poking and prodding my lymph nodes on my neck swearing they are big but no one else sees them and honestly they are probably due to my teeth I had filled the past year. Recently one was very infected at the root but for months I thought I had something going on with my sinuses.

Thinking back to my teenage years I would have bouts of stomach issues including getting sick.

I have always had a fear of death even at a young age.

When I was younger I remember playing with a friend at my grandparents. I told her she needed to go home because my grandfather was going to pass away soon. It was soo random and came out of no where.
Sadly the following summer he did pass away after being diagnosed with cancer. At first they thought it was just his gall bladder (which don't help my stomach fears).

In my mid teen years I always had a feeling that child birth was going to kill me. At 22 I got pregnant and I ended up losing my child at 26 weeks and  it did almost kill me.

Every where you look it's cancer, cancer, cancer and it makes me feel like it's some sort of sign.

I hate going to the doctor because I would say in my experience I have had horrible care  more then 50% of the time.

Today I feel ok but that can always change in a matter of minutes.
Bookmark and Share

Online Cuchculan

• Rec's: 169
    • Poke This Member
Re: New Here
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2014, 02:39:31 PM »
Welcome to the forum. Good to have you as a member. Here you are with like minded people. People who understand. As we all suffer from something or other. So feel free to ask any questions. Our members are always willing to help others out. Good chatroom too. 3 posts to enter the room.

Find the correct section of the forum that suits your condition and create a new topic on it. This is just a welcome section. Never really get the same amount of help in this section as you would on the other sections of the forums. So whatever one suits the questions you are asking. Get much better answers.
All users of the chatroom must be 18 years old or over. The room is off limits to anybody under the age of 18.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Offline Jaded173

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2014, 06:27:57 PM »
Hi worry2much

Your story really struck me because I suffer from the exact same fears as you. I don't know if you happened to catch my story in the introduce yourself board, but my anxiety etc all stemmed from when my mum had cancer five years ago. Well mum is better now but I live in constant fear of getting cancer, or worse, need my family getting it. I always worry about things like, how would I know if they did have it and how could I get them to go to the doctored in time to find out. I drive my family nuts constantly asking them if they are okay when they so much as cough lol. I'm a nightmare sometimes but the thought of it terrifies me.

I was glad to read your story too because I like you suffer from  IBS and I have had this confirmed by a doctor. The pain is exactly where you describe it to be, from my hip right up to my rib. Quite often in my back too.It can vary from a cramping pain to a dull ache and it's constantly there with me. One thing I can tell you is that your anxiety is probably making it worse, as my doctor told me, and f you happen to read a lot about IBS on the net, your gut is very sensitive to the stress chemicals from the brain, so your anxious thoughts will make it worse for you. Stress provokes ibS. This is definitely the case for me. I made myself a mix playlist of relaxing nature sounds type music which I found , it sounds completely ridiculous I know, but I find if I put my ipod on and lie in bed at night with this on and concentrate on my breathing, it really helps to calm me and in turn helps my IBS. just a wee tip for you if you are into trying things to calm it!

I hope you will reply with some of your experiences or anything you find helps you, or even any of your thoughts on out yep of anxiety, nothing will sound daft to me- I am the queen of all stress heads  :spineyes: !

I look forward to your reply.

Thanks for reading!
Bookmark and Share

Offline Jaded173

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2014, 06:29:43 PM »
Ps sorry about my spelling, new ipad, haven't figured out how to turn off predictive text yet  :laugh3:
Bookmark and Share

Offline MLB2805

• Mood: Sleepy
    Sleepy
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2014, 09:19:16 PM »
Hi worry2much!
I am also 30yr old female with two kids (6 and 2).. And I always worry about dying and leaving
My kids without a mother ... I work part time which helps keep me a little occupied with my
Thoughts. When I am alone with them I always worry what if something happens to me and my oldest doesn't know what to do. I don't have cancer fears
Though, mine are heart fears. I tried medication for awhile and it helped a lot, but i gained a lot of weight. Now I'm in therapy and have been reading lots of self help books.
Some days are better then others...always trying to keep thinking positive!
Bookmark and Share
You don't have to control your thoughts. You just have to stop letting them control you.

Offline Sec2993xx

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2014, 12:35:49 AM »
Hi there

I understand what you mean I have a terrible fear of death or something really bad happening. I have had some bad things happen in a short amount of time and I know this is why I'm now suffering with anxiety. I don't have children but I fear of loosing the people I love the most. I lost both grand mothers who raised me in 12 months then I was attacked and have been in a whirlwind of bad relationships since. And I'm only 20. I have a fear of being hurt and heart broken and alone. I would also love children and am struggling to conceive with a man that treats me right and again I fear him leaving me because I can't give him what we want. I'm hear to talk Hun, we are all in the same boat even if it's different reasons or circumstances. I feel talking to complete strangers helps so much I feel relieved already and I've only just joined. Getting things off your chest really does do the world of good. Xx
Bookmark and Share

Offline NinjaKitty

• Mood: Loved
    Loved
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2014, 05:55:47 AM »
Hello there and welcome, I hope you find the help and support here that you need, we all go through the same battles at some pointor another so any questionsyou have will undoubtably be answered on here :)

Chat is always a good place to go if you in need of a quick answer or help

Kitty
Bookmark and Share
Currently surfing the anxiety waves!!
Current Meds
5mg diazepam 3xdaily
45mg mirtazapine at night
10mg Nitrazepam nightly
sumatriptan (doses vary)
Naproxen 300mg 3 x daily
Buscopan 20mg 4x daily
Lanzoprozol 30mg daily