Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Job Stress  (Read 148 times)

Offline Kissa

• Rec's: 1
  • I don't remember what calm and relaxed is...
    • Poke This Member
Job Stress
« on: February 19, 2014, 09:11:45 AM »
A couple of you on here know I've had a pretty tough last 3 months. I'm getting to the point with my job where I don't know what they want from me anymore.

A month ago I fell at work. I was wearing non-skid shoes and fell on water. So I went to the doctor they wanted me to go to. I've been doing pt and seeing this doc for check ups.
Two weeks ago we got 2 ft of snow and they were pissed because I couldn't get out in time to go to work. So, I got yelled at.
This week I am sick, but instead of causing stress for the guy that does the yelling, I just went to work. Well, the guy who does the yelling, was not happy that I didn't call off work for being sick. After work, I went to the ER and found out I have bronchitis. 
Called work this am, talked to the guy that does the yelling. Told him I canceled my workmans comp appointment because I have bronchitis. He hells, saying I should have kept that appointment since I am on restriction and he would call the district manager so they could work out what to do with me.

I really wish they would say "we are keeping you off the schedule until you get things straightened out", or even at this point, YOUR FIRED! I just don't understand. I am trying to do what I think is best and apparently its not good enough.
Bookmark and Share
Just because I understand an acknowledge what I am worrying about is silly, doesn't mean I'm able to stop worrying about it.
~One Breath at a Time~

Offline MobileChucko

• Try? Try not! There is no try...
  • Global Moderator
  • Rec's: 23
  • Mood: Curious
    Curious
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Job Stress
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2014, 10:17:55 AM »
Hi Kissa...

It seems to me that you are definitely taking all the correct actions.  It also sounds like you are being "damned if I do/damned if I don't".  Regardless of what you do, the individual at work in charge of yelling, is going to find fault with your responsible choices.

I would suggest that you come to the understanding that there are things in life we can control, and those that we cannot.  These situations always remind me of the Serenity Prayer: "God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference."

I have found that given time, all situations have a way of working themselves out.  Perhaps the district manager will come to a decision, with a favorable outcome on your behalf.

As always, the very best to you, Kissa!...  Chuck :grinning-smiley-003:
Bookmark and Share

Offline Kissa

• Rec's: 1
  • I don't remember what calm and relaxed is...
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2014, 10:30:00 AM »
Chuck, I love you! I knew I could count on you for a positive response! While working for the company isn't bad, I can't seem to get transferred to another "branch". So I have started looking for another job. Once we get insurance back, I'm going to find a new therapist that is willing to work with me and my meds, and possibly figure out if I can qualify for some kind of disability. I don't have social anxiety but I sit and do nothing but worry about what will happen the next time I go to work.

Hubby starts his new job on monday, and we only have to wait 30 days till he is able to get insurance... so I just have to do the best I can until then.

Thanks Chuck!
Bookmark and Share
Just because I understand an acknowledge what I am worrying about is silly, doesn't mean I'm able to stop worrying about it.
~One Breath at a Time~

Offline threnners

• Leaping to the worst conclusion in a single bound!
  • Rec's: 0
  • Anxiety Girl
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2014, 02:45:23 PM »
Please contact your state Worker's Compensation commission to see what your employer can and can't do.  Some states dictate you go to a specific doctor for claims.  They can also answer questions about your supervisor's behavior.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: