Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: think i've found my problem :( lupus  (Read 1255 times)

Offline greend

• Rec's: 8
  • Mood: Okay
    Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: think i've found my problem :( lupus
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2014, 03:44:04 PM »
Don't get a head of yourself.  You haven't even had it confirmed.  You don't know for sure.  What you shouldn't be doing is googling it.  Have you noticed how we pick out the worst scenarios when we google.  DON'T DO IT.
Bookmark and Share

Offline MissSteele

• Rec's: 4
  • Mood: Loved
    Loved
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2014, 04:00:48 PM »
I agree with what everyone is saying on here. You most likely DO NOT HAVE Lupus. The skin flare-ups can absolutely be caused by stress, AND SO CAN THE BODY ACHES AND FATIGUE. You would not believe the crazy things anxiety can do to your body. I know from experience. There were several days in a row I could barely walk because my aches had become so overwhelming. I was stiff and achy, I felt like I had been hit by a truck. I was so tired. This went on for weeks. I, too, was terrified I had Lupus. I was having tremors and shakes, I was terrified I had MS. But...it was anxiety! I've been on medication to handle my anxiety and done several other things to help me calm my anxiety and I am A MILLION times better off now. You will be too! And, like everyone says: even if you do have Lupus on the off-chance, you will still be fine. Please keep us updated!
Bookmark and Share

Offline mydogisnamedslippy

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Calm
    Calm
  • aaaaaaahhhhhhhhh
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2014, 04:16:12 PM »
Does any one in your family have lupus? If not you are less likely to have it. Also, have you ever had an esr? Bc that is telling as well.
Bookmark and Share

Offline mrdave92

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2014, 04:24:56 PM »
thanks guys i've just read so many horror stories about lupus i'm really worried and my joints are in agony. I don't know if i have lupus fog, brain fog or fog caused by my Trazodone, it's hard to distinguish.

There is not a history of Lupus in my family and i'm not familiar with what an esr is?
Bookmark and Share

Offline MissSteele

Loved
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2014, 04:50:13 PM »
Please stop googling lupus and other health issues. That is a cardinal rule for anxiety sufferers. You can convince yourself you have it, stress yourself out, and then your body feels the results. You can read: People with lupus have achy joints; and then you think: I have achy joints! But, that doesn't mean you do. Reading about it can exacerbate your "symptoms" that are most likely brought on by stress. Do yourself a favor and read forums from other people who have health anxiety and people who thought they had health issues only to find out it was pure anxiety. I WAS ONE OF THESE PEOPLE! It will help you tons to know you are not alone and plenty of people are in the same boat. Instead of googling lupus and health problems, read stories of people who have overcome their health anxiety or GAD for inspiration. Read stories about people who had convinced themselves they had some terrible disease and have learned it was stress. Read stories of people who will testify the crazy things stress can do to your body. It will make you feel SO much better!
Bookmark and Share

Offline mrdave92

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #20 on: February 19, 2014, 04:57:20 PM »
i understand what you're saying but the joint pain was what initially caused my anxiety and it has worsened. the rash is consistent with lupus as well, if i didn't have the rash i'd accept it could be anxiety but the rash is a hallmark symptom of lupus
Bookmark and Share

Offline greend

Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #21 on: February 19, 2014, 05:19:26 PM »
When do you see your doctor for the rest of the testing?  The sooner you do this the better it will be.
Bookmark and Share

Offline mrdave92

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #22 on: February 20, 2014, 10:28:03 AM »
I saw my doctor today and age suspected lupus and took blood to test for it. I'm in complete agony today and aching head to toe, I can't get out of bed. I have chest pain and keep feeling raindrops on my skin. I really don't know why life has to be so cruel, only 2 weeks ago I discovered I have Wolff-Parkinson White, a rare heart defect
Bookmark and Share

Offline greend

Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #23 on: February 20, 2014, 11:25:54 AM »
I am really sorry to hear all this.  Have they got you on any medication to reduce your inflammation and pain?  Don't worry, you'll get this all under control; it just takes time. 

Keep us posted and I really hope you feel well soon.
Bookmark and Share

Offline mrdave92

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #24 on: February 20, 2014, 11:52:40 AM »
If it's lupus I'm not sure I want to continue my life I'm in agony as it is and it only gets worse. It will affect every aspect of my life and causes heart attacks, strokes, hair loss, blood clots etc. I really can't cope with all of this, I just want my old life back, I can't stop crying
Bookmark and Share

Offline MissSteele

Loved
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #25 on: February 20, 2014, 12:07:40 PM »
Please, try to slow down. I know it's hard. Are you on any sort of medication for anxiety or depression? If not, I would suggest getting on some because it sounds like you are worrying yourself crazy. I have been there. I really have. With medication I was able to get my old life back. Now, my health anxiety is at an all-time low. I feel much better, and you can too.

With that said, I know you are terrified you actually do have lupus. You probably don't, BUT if you do, you are in good company. Plenty of people who have lupus have perfectly normal lives. I have an aunt who has lupus, she's 54 and just went on a cruise with a group of friends! She's fine! Medical technology has come a long way and lupus isn't a death sentence for most people who have it. Yes, it can cause the things you have listed, but those are worst case scenarios. Please, please, please, stop reading up on it! It's only feeding your anxiety. Naturally, you will only find the worst case scenarios online. People don't often write about the mundane, ordinary, every day lives of people living with lupus. They only write about the extreme cases.

Please go see someone ASAP. Leave the lupus-diagnosing to your doctor, but please talk to your doctor about getting on some anti-depressants. Share your thoughts with him. It sounds like you are having suicidal thoughts just from the prospect of having a disease that hasn't even been confirmed. If you must read up on lupus or other diseases, read inspirational stories about people living with them. People who live great lives. It will make you feel good to know these people exist.
Bookmark and Share

Offline mrdave92

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #26 on: February 20, 2014, 12:48:10 PM »
I'm on trazodone for my anxiety but it's not doing anything. It's definitely lupus I have the rash and terrible joint pain+muscle aches. It's typically a lot worse in men than women and more likely to attack internal organs particularly in young men (I'm 21) I don't feel up to this
Bookmark and Share

Offline greend

Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #27 on: February 20, 2014, 12:54:41 PM »
Read miss steel's last post.  Well said.

Do you have a supportive family you can turn to right now?

Keep us posted and try to calm yourself.  Things will get better.
Bookmark and Share

Offline mrdave92

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #28 on: February 20, 2014, 01:19:33 PM »
I don't want to give up my normal life and live in this pain. I don't want to become a burden to my family
Bookmark and Share

Offline lulululu

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #29 on: February 22, 2014, 04:50:13 AM »
Mrdave92, when will you be getting the results?

I just read that Selena Gomez has lupus. (Im not a fan or anything hehe) but she travels the world and probably works more than most people. Im just writing this to let you know that you can have lupus (im noy saying you do) and still be fine :)
Bookmark and Share

Tags: