Member Gallery    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: think i've found my problem :( lupus  (Read 1749 times)

Offline mrdave92

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: think i've found my problem :( lupus
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2014, 01:54:38 PM »
I sometimes feel a bit hot and stingy but other times it happens without me realising. My joint and body aches add up to lupus as well and can't really be explained by anxiety. I'm quite frightened about what the future holds if it's lupus, I've heard many people die from the disease although some are okay. Tonight I feel very sick and achy, I keep getting cold raindrop sensations on my skin when nothing's there. I wish they'd done an ANA instead of an ANCA test so I'd have more answers. Although those pictures don't show it, the rash mainly resembles a malar rash when it flares
Bookmark and Share

Offline greend

• Rec's: 12
  • Mood: Okay
    Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2014, 02:28:19 PM »
I am wishing you well Mrdave.  Let us know how everything goes. Hugs to you!
Bookmark and Share

Offline mrdave92

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2014, 02:53:32 PM »
thanks for the well wishes. i've also been having a lot of mental problems recently but attributed them to anxiety brain fog, i now realise they're all typical of 'lupus fog' i'm so petrified right now about what the future holds. i've read many stories about people dying from lupus and i can't stop crying
Bookmark and Share

Offline NightBlizzard

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Scared
    Scared
  • Just Breathe
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2014, 03:13:31 PM »
Calm down! Lupus can be fatal - yes. But is that common? NO. By no means. In fact, most people who have Lupus die of things other than Lupus! Just like normal people! You're going to be fine. It can be painful, it can be ... weird. Sometimes if something is ailing me I have to ask myself - do I have a cold, or is this my Lupus flaring?

But stop reading things like that, because that does not encompass the majority of those who suffer from Lupus.
Bookmark and Share
"Grant that my hands be steady, my aim be true, and my feet swift. And should the worst come to pass - grant me forgiveness"

Offline mrdave92

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2014, 03:37:09 PM »
there are many articles reporting that Lupus affects men worse than women and that the disease targets their organs quickly leaving them with a worse prognosis. I wasn't aware of Lupus Fogs but it all adds up so well now
Bookmark and Share

Offline greend

• Rec's: 12
  • Mood: Okay
    Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2014, 03:44:04 PM »
Don't get a head of yourself.  You haven't even had it confirmed.  You don't know for sure.  What you shouldn't be doing is googling it.  Have you noticed how we pick out the worst scenarios when we google.  DON'T DO IT.
Bookmark and Share

Offline MissSteele

• Rec's: 4
  • Mood: Loved
    Loved
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2014, 04:00:48 PM »
I agree with what everyone is saying on here. You most likely DO NOT HAVE Lupus. The skin flare-ups can absolutely be caused by stress, AND SO CAN THE BODY ACHES AND FATIGUE. You would not believe the crazy things anxiety can do to your body. I know from experience. There were several days in a row I could barely walk because my aches had become so overwhelming. I was stiff and achy, I felt like I had been hit by a truck. I was so tired. This went on for weeks. I, too, was terrified I had Lupus. I was having tremors and shakes, I was terrified I had MS. But...it was anxiety! I've been on medication to handle my anxiety and done several other things to help me calm my anxiety and I am A MILLION times better off now. You will be too! And, like everyone says: even if you do have Lupus on the off-chance, you will still be fine. Please keep us updated!
Bookmark and Share

Offline mydogisnamedslippy

• Mood: Calm
    Calm
  • aaaaaaahhhhhhhhh
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2014, 04:16:12 PM »
Does any one in your family have lupus? If not you are less likely to have it. Also, have you ever had an esr? Bc that is telling as well.
Bookmark and Share

Offline mrdave92

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2014, 04:24:56 PM »
thanks guys i've just read so many horror stories about lupus i'm really worried and my joints are in agony. I don't know if i have lupus fog, brain fog or fog caused by my Trazodone, it's hard to distinguish.

There is not a history of Lupus in my family and i'm not familiar with what an esr is?
Bookmark and Share

Offline MissSteele

• Rec's: 4
  • Mood: Loved
    Loved
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2014, 04:50:13 PM »
Please stop googling lupus and other health issues. That is a cardinal rule for anxiety sufferers. You can convince yourself you have it, stress yourself out, and then your body feels the results. You can read: People with lupus have achy joints; and then you think: I have achy joints! But, that doesn't mean you do. Reading about it can exacerbate your "symptoms" that are most likely brought on by stress. Do yourself a favor and read forums from other people who have health anxiety and people who thought they had health issues only to find out it was pure anxiety. I WAS ONE OF THESE PEOPLE! It will help you tons to know you are not alone and plenty of people are in the same boat. Instead of googling lupus and health problems, read stories of people who have overcome their health anxiety or GAD for inspiration. Read stories about people who had convinced themselves they had some terrible disease and have learned it was stress. Read stories of people who will testify the crazy things stress can do to your body. It will make you feel SO much better!
Bookmark and Share

Tags: