Member Gallery    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Constant Feeling of Faintness  (Read 322 times)

Offline theelt712

• Queen Cardiochondria
  • Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Scared
    Scared
  • Strength is in the eye of the beholder.
    • Poke This Member
Re: Constant Feeling of Faintness
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2014, 01:39:50 AM »
I was walking to the Post Office to drop off a money order, I felt awful, out of breath, and faint. I went for an EKG later that day, which was normal. The next day, i felt faint with siezure like symptoms. I got an MRI done, which determined that my head was normal (aside from anxiety and crap, of course).
Bookmark and Share
Queen Cardiochondria.
"I would recommend that you lay off the Google crack pipe for a little while."- vardnas

Offline clippergoodwill

• Rec's: 12
  • Mood: Relaxed
    Relaxed
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2014, 02:16:15 AM »
It really does sound like anxiety. I have similar symptoms and my bp and hr will read similar. Since I'm older, my bp is more responsive to distress and does fluctuate, and it's also affected by my acid reflux. My heart rate definitely rockets upwards when my anxiety kicks in. You can't fool your body.

Best tip I have is to relax, maybe even keep a journal of when/where these happen and what you eat, drink, or anything else you feel will contribute to the attack cause. While they're happening, take deep breaths, and do your best to let your neck and shoulders go slack and relax those muscles. Sit down and close your eyes if it helps. But rest assured, the attacks don't last, they all pass :)
Bookmark and Share

Offline theelt712

• Queen Cardiochondria
  • Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Scared
    Scared
  • Strength is in the eye of the beholder.
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2014, 05:14:12 PM »
I don't get this feeling when I am not doing a lot of activity...something of note.
Bookmark and Share
Queen Cardiochondria.
"I would recommend that you lay off the Google crack pipe for a little while."- vardnas

Offline Sunlover

• Rec's: 27
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2014, 06:41:01 PM »
Doesn't matter, you may be focusing on it and LOOKING for it when you are doing activity.  I'd get to feeling like I had to keep taking deep breaths and I'd start trembling when I'd do physical work because I kept thinking of it.  When I'd do something and TOTALLY forget about it it wouldn't happen.  (and I mean after it was all over I'd look back and say, "HEY!   That didn't happen!")
Bookmark and Share

Tags: