Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Hi everyone I'm new  (Read 86 times)

Offline Jaded173

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Hi everyone I'm new
« on: February 18, 2014, 06:21:05 PM »
 :action-smiley-065: hi everyone, I'm new to the boards , and well I decided to join because I am having a really hard time and I don't really have anyone to talk to about it, so I was hoping to make some friends in here.
I guess when I say I don't have anyone to talk to, that's not strictly true...I have a brilliant family and nice friends but I find it hard to tell any of them how I'm feeling.

To keep it short, my anxiety, panic, and depression started about five years ago, when my mum fell ill with cancer and I nearly lost her, and at the same time my dad became ill with a heart problem. It was a horrible horrible time. Thankfully they are both back to good health now which I am so thankful for. But it is since then that all these problems within me have begun to rise up and have never really left me.

I have panic attacks, but these have gotten better in the last couple of years, but were very bad for a while. I still have my moments though every so often. It just makes me sad and annoyed at myself that I have went from a happy go lucky, cheery person to the person I have become today, who I don't even recognise anymore. It's like I've forgotten how to be me! Maybe some of you have similar feelings you can't ell me about??

Lately my gran has been diagnosed with dimentia and this has sent me ona. Downwards spiral again. I feel like I'm fighting a constant battle every day of my life to be happy and forget my worries. I have feelings of depression that I can't  even explain....fear, dread, worry, you name it.

I would  really like to hear from other people similar to me and who knows maybe we can help each other out.

Sorry to moan on, and thanks for reading  :yes:

Xx
Bookmark and Share

Offline Potatoes

• ɗℴ℘∈
  • Rec's: 4
  • Mood: Relaxed
    Relaxed
  • When she says she loves me.
    • Poke This Member
Re: Hi everyone I'm new
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2014, 08:58:59 PM »
Welcome to the board Jaded,

Anxiety is a nasty thing and it's hard to talk to people. I hear you out on that completely. I've closed myself out of all my friends, deleted my social networks and changed my phone numbers... I'm going to college but I just have no interest in hanging out with people right now...

I've been diagnosed with Social Anxiety and i've struggled a hard time with worry and repercussions, even though I have nothing to fear, I'm fighting this ongoing battle and I feel like I'm at my worst as well.

It's awesome that you joined to find people to talk to, because we all have the same/similar situations and nothing feels better than talking to those who understand you and who aren't going to tell you to "just stop worrying" "or suck it up". it's because they don't understand. It's your own personal feelings that are taken into effect and you're entitled to your own feelings and emotions. This place will loosen up a lot of your venting space you have built up. Feel free to bounce around.

Are you going to school right now?

I'm sorry to hear about the panic attacks. I had my first panic attack ever on the 15th (day after valentines day) out of nowhere.... 2 more the day after and yesterday I had one that lasted over an hour... just lying there feeling horrible.

A lot of this has been because of my body adjusting to my new medication but right now I'm feeling pretty calm.

Right now I'm on 50mg Zoloft and .5mg Klonopin 2x a day. This is the first time ever taking medication.

It's been rough.

Are you taking any medication or therapy? maybe even some self help things?

If you ever feel like chatting join our chat room, it's a lot of fun and it's easy to get involved, we are completely goofy sometimes and we are a pretty gentle crowd.

Judgement free.

Post around, I enjoyed your reading your post, if you need anything let me know.

Welcome to the board. :yes:
Bookmark and Share
Centuries are what it meant to me,
A cemetery where I marry the sea.

Offline Cuchculan

• Rec's: 168
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2014, 05:32:26 AM »
Welcome to the forum. Good to have you as a member. Here you are with like minded people. People who understand. As we all suffer from something or other. So feel free to ask any questions. Our members are always willing to help others out. Good chatroom too. 3 posts to enter the room.

Find the correct section of the forum that suits your condition and create a new topic on it. This is just a welcome section. Never really get the same amount of help in this section as you would on the other sections of the forums. So whatever one suits the questions you are asking. Get much better answers.
All users of the chatroom must be 18 years old or over. The room is off limits to anybody under the age of 18.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Offline Jaded173

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2014, 06:15:22 PM »
Thanks so much guys for making me feel welcome  :happy0151:
I really appreciate it and I feel a certain amount of relief already with your nice comments and knowing there are people who understand how I feel no matter how ridiculous I feel I am being!  :laugh3:

I am 29 , I work full time and I like my job, although sometimes I find it hard to cope. But I have discovered lately hat it isn't my job that makes me feel like this, it's the other things goin on in my life that make me feel unable to cope a work because my head is just somewhere else sometimes!  I am a very family orientated person, my family are my world, which is why I worry about them so much! I sometimes feel I am one of those people who worries about the day that never came lol. I find I worry about stuff that never happens a lot of the time!  Potatoes , sometimes like yourself I find this and my anxiety makes me terrible in social situations. I quite often find it hard to be myself in front of new people, and I'm not sure whys do you have this problem too? Quite often I get on well socially, and other times I feel like I have barriers up which cut me right off from other people, for some reason.

Well that's a little bit about me , thanks for your replies, I am determined to be a hundred percent honest about what a complicated wreck I am on here which is why I joined. :goofy: I look forward to hearing from you again x
Bookmark and Share

Tags:

anything