Hi. Here's my story, please help?
I'm a 24-year-old woman who started having tremors in both hands in late 2012. I also had the feeling of waking up to an earthquake about three times at that time. The only thing I changed then was start taking spironolactone (for a hormone issue), so I ascribed the tremors to that. (although tremors aren't a side effect of it).
In March 2013 I became depressed so I went to the doctor, she stupidly gave me lorazepam which I took for one month (sometimes taking two) but then stopped cold turkey. I felt the withdrawal for a couple of days, I had headache and generally felt sick, but then was fine.
Soon after that (or was it before? I don't remember) I started to get muscle fasciculations all around my body. It started on my thigh, the muscle 'pulsed' a couple of times and I thought 'hm, that's odd' but it hasn't stopped since then. I've been having fasciculations ever since, some days less, some days none, some days all the time. More after workout. When they started, I started googling and got scared about MS and ALS, but then brushed it off and said 'it's probably BFS'.
In November 2013 I started getting an eye twitch too, I had it on the left eye for a week or two, then it went away, then I had it on the right eye, I've been having it on the left eye again this week. This has been going on now for a couple of months then...
But here's the big problem!!!! Last month my 3 years older brother got diagnosed with MS. He hasn't had MRI yet, but he's had all the classical symptoms (sudden numbness, sudden vision loss, l'hermitte's sign, hyper reflex in one leg..) so he got a diagnose, he also went for an optical nerve exam that probably didn't go well. But he also says he has fasciculations which is what my symptom is
After that, I felt vibration in my foot for a couple of days which went away.
Now, why I'm freaking out right now.
1) Obviously, my brother got MS. That increases my risk A LOT. (I think I have like 1/70 chance?)
2) I'm a woman. Women get MS more than men, so if my brother got it...? I'm probably even likelier to get it?
3) For the past 5 years or so, I've been depressed, didn't go out much, didn't get enough sun. Low vit D is linked to MS. My brother has also been depressed and addicted to online gaming so he probably doesn't have enough vit D either.
4) I had mononucleosis when I was 18. A risk factor for MS. See how many risk factors I check?
5) Tremors, weird tingly sensations on skin, fasciculations. Eye twitch that won't go away and even when I sleep enough...
Any advice? Do you think I have MS? Of course I'm worried about my brother, but Jesus, I don't want to have it too.
I was thinking of going to a neurologist, but that takes a lifetime in this country. I'm worried that I have something like a slow developing kind so now I'm expecting for my leg to go numb or something for my life to fall apart definitely.
Please help, anyone. I've been googling MS heredity and I've seen MS patients talk about all of the siblings having it and I'm just scared out of my mind... seriously scared.