Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Mild form of motion sickness feeling-help  (Read 131 times)

Offline mgamble

• Rec's: 0
    • Poke This Member
Mild form of motion sickness feeling-help
« on: February 18, 2014, 08:26:34 AM »
Hi guys, I suffer from severe anxiety and situational depression. The only thing I am on is .5 klonopin as needed.

I just really need some help on how to control this nausea motionsickness feeling I have had off and on for 2 years.

It all started when I moved and made a major change in my life. That event last for about 6 months. It then went away for another  8 months before coming back when I found out my ex girlfriend who I dated for 4 year was already engaged after breaking up with me 1 year prior. This time I not only got the sick feeling, but broke out in hives and had major brain fog. This lasted for another 5 months, then it went away for 3 months. It all came back again last week when my girlfriend threatened to break up with me out of nowhere 12 hours before I was due to leave for a week long work trip. I totally broke down and had severe emotional stress, and ever since then I have this constant lingering motions sickness feeling. I never throw up but it makes my life miserable, and really affects my quality of life. It seems whenever I have severe emotional stress, something in my body or head gets messed up  or out of whack and stays that way for months before subsiding.  Please help with suggestions as I am so sad I have to deal with these bad feeling everytime something bad happens to me.
Thanks.
Mike
Bookmark and Share

Offline mgamble

• Poke This Member
Re: Mild form of motion sickness feeling-help
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2014, 08:28:48 AM »
I forgot to add once one of these events happen, it seems like the smallest stress or anxiety will make me feel nauseous and motion sickness. I just want my life back.
Bookmark and Share

Offline cerwindel

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Mild form of motion sickness feeling-help
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2014, 04:37:47 PM »
Gamble -

I can totally relate to having IBS / Nausea with anxiety.. I recently had a major attack and have really been nausea filled for the past 2 weeks because of it.. No food sounds good and I find myself fighting to choke food down.

Have you considered going into your Doc and having him refer you to a psychiatrist? Maybe even your primary doc can evaluate you and consider putting you on something to help you cope.

Try to focus on the positive things in the meantime and make sure you eat something every few hours - the nausea is MAJORLY enhanced when you dont eat!
Bookmark and Share

Tags: