Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: how do I stop my fear?  (Read 179 times)

Offline perc19

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
how do I stop my fear?
« on: February 18, 2014, 05:30:20 AM »
How do I stop being anxious and scared that I am going to die of a brain tumour or find out I have something seriously wrong with my head???

I was ok when I woke up and now thanks to a moment of feeling like I'm on a boat and feeling sick I am back being scared again!!!!!!

I have had head pain since end of august last year, it started with a strong stabbing pain that made me feel dizzy and sick or was that the anxiety reaction to it - who knows! Anyway I went into a pit of despair and was convinced it was a brain tumour and I was dieing! I went to doctors that afternoon and was told it was muscle tension and anxiety and it would be fine, now I am still getting them. Over these many months I have change my jobs, so working full time, my husband has got a job after being out of work for 6 months and my son is now thankfully settled in secondary school - so I should be happy and enjoying life! But I'm not, I'm convinced that I have something wrong with my brain, because over these many months I have experienced stabbing pains in my head, rush feelings of something in my head, head aches all over and in the same place, dizziness with the rush feelings, dizziness on their own, nausea, feeling like I'm on a boat, feeling panicky and like I'm going to pass out  and generally feeling really rubbish and scared.

I am now in my 4th week of beta blockers 1 a day and starting CBT next week, but I still think the doctors are saying it is anxiety because of my personality and waiting to see if anything else happens!!!!

What do I do? Do I push for MRI?  I want to feel happier or will it scare me more? I hate not knowing and hate feeling scared that I am going to collapse at home with my 11 and 8 year old being there.

How comes some days I wake up like today, no beginnings of any head pain and then I start thinking about stuff and then feel sick etc etc.

Is something brewing - is it anxiety?? What do I do???

Please help
Bookmark and Share

Offline Cuchculan

• Rec's: 169
    • Poke This Member
Re: how do I stop my fear?
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2014, 05:52:31 AM »
It sounds like symptoms of anxiety to me. You could be describing derealization with all that you wrote. You could push for an MRI. But would you accept the results of it? Lot of people like to play doctor on themselves. They have tests done and think something was missed. They find it hard to believe that all this can just be anxiety. We all get pains. When I get them I tell myself I have had them before. Before they were nothing. So they are most probably nothing this time either. Thus I ignore them. I don't focus on them. Once I do this the pain clears up. It is when we focus on such pains that we are feeding the fear and keeping the pain alive, or even making it worse. We are letting it take over our lives. If you want peace of mind ask your doctor about an MRI. Just see what he says back. If he says ' no ', ask him why not. Just to see what he says back. But headaches and the likes can come with anxiety. Which is what your doctor is probably thinking too.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Offline perc19

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2014, 06:36:40 AM »
Thanks for your reply!

I have been advised by one doctor that he would send me just to ease my mind, but I haven't seen him since. My current doctor who ib have seen 3 times won't send me as she has I have no red flags and that I have severe anxiety but I need to find my trigger - however I believe my trigger is my head, without the head pains I would be ok and wouldn't have anxiety as bad.

I constantly look for things, or if something happens like a flicker in my eye sight or the pins and needles in my hand last week, then I get into a panic - why??

What happens if they are all wrong and there is something wrong and all these symptonms have been telling me I have something!!!!!!

Perhaps I will ask again when I go back to the doctors in 2 weeks, my question is also how long will it take for all of this to stop so that I can start believing the doctors?

Thanks for your reply and your time, I am going to try your approach and say to myself its happenend before it will be ok.

Thank you
Bookmark and Share

Offline perc19

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2014, 03:43:23 AM »
This is why I can't shake my anxiety - I have woken up with a headache after finally getting 6 hours sleep, I wake up my head hurts on my forehead  and lower back of head, it hurts if I bend forward and to top it off my neck and head is clicking and popping everytime I turn - now I am scared its a brain tumour as I have woken up with it!!!!!!

How do I stop this fear and anxiety????
Bookmark and Share

Offline Hypo84

• Rec's: 15
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2014, 05:51:08 AM »
You most likely need to start taking some anti-depressants but only a doctor could give them to you, so my advice would be to go to psychiatrist. Meds should help ease your worries.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: