Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: brain cancer or just anxiety?  (Read 202 times)

Offline keychainz_

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
brain cancer or just anxiety?
« on: February 17, 2014, 06:50:53 PM »
Well, lately I have been feeling my absolute worst. It all started back in January when I felt as if something horrible was going to happen to me. I've never been the one to actually know what anxiety was until the doctor at the ER diagnosed me with it. I felt so weird like used going to die soon or something terrible was going to happen. One night I felt terrible and could not get my mind off how I was feeling. I felt like I could barely breathe and my mom was not awake. I had like a history of allergies getting into my lungs that I couldn't breathe but this time I wasn't congested. I just felt like I couldn't catch my breath. The back of my head had been tingling all night and I was so scared that something was wrong. I started to shake and tremor, terrified for my life. I literally thought that was it. Soon after I went to believe forcing myself to believe everything would be better in the morning and it was. A few weeks later I was having a hard time breathing again and my mom took me to the hospital they said nothing was wrong. I had really bad chest pains. The day after I felt the same and just out of it not wanting to do anything. I got better within a few days, and there also was a pain in my upper back that hurt like crazy. So one night my head started to tingle again and this time it's burning and feel really itchy in the inside. The pain is only in the back of my head. I've had a history of abdominal pain that made me so uncomfortable especially if I hadn't ate anything. Could this be brain cancer or am I over reacting? I'm terrified that my life might be almost over at the age of 13. I'm just so scared. Sometimes my head feels heavy all the way up to my nose, and sort of pressured. The pain is also only in the back, sometimes the whole back. But a little from my neck and up to about half. I'm going to the doctor wednesday. Please someone talk to me.
Bookmark and Share

Online Sunlover

• Rec's: 18
  • Mood: Lazy
    Lazy
    • Poke This Member
Re: brain cancer or just anxiety?
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2014, 07:35:13 PM »
I never heard of brain cancer acting like that...  but I HAVE heard of anxiety acting like that  :yes:
Does the difficulty breathing feel like you are smothering?  If so, that is classic anxiety usually caused by hyperventilating.  Hyperventilating ALSO can cause tingling because you are taking in too much oxygen.  If that starts happening again try "square breathing"   You breathe in to the count of 7, hold it there until you count to 7, breathe out to the count of 7 and then hold it there until you count to 7.  Keep doing this for a minute or 2.  If it is REAL bad hyperventilation it will be very hard to do that, you will feel a need to suck in a quick breath.  Don't.  It won't work if you give in.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Hypo84

• Rec's: 15
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2014, 07:42:03 PM »
You don't have brain cancer, I'm sure of it ;). Stop Googling, and go out and have fun with your friends.
Bookmark and Share

Offline keychainz_

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2014, 08:45:22 PM »
thanks, and the breathing sort of feels that way. It feels like someone is sitting on my chest. I haven't had the breathing problems in awhile it's just my head that's bothering me.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: