Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Anxiety Zone Wire    Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: you think its depression or something more ?  (Read 315 times)

Offline tjc6591

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Sleepy
    Sleepy
  • Keep your head up to the sky. Let go and let God.
    • Poke This Member
you think its depression or something more ?
« on: February 17, 2014, 05:59:50 PM »
A few years back I had an episode of depression and anxiety, hopped from doctor to doctor to figure out why I had been having all these weird symptoms, and eventually got popped with the depression/anxiety label. Had CT scans, mri's the whole nine yards. After I started taking the lexapro k was prescribed it eventually gotten 100% better. Weened myself off and felt fine for a good while.

Just recently I feel like I've felt back into that slump. I started having this head pressure in my head and ears and my jaw would hurt. Went to the ent and they said I had a sinus infection and put me on some antibiotics and some immune system pill. The pressure and everything stopped now, and my jaw and teeth quit hurting but I still get those headaches, usually just on the right front side of my head, and it switches sides every now and then. My left ear started ringing afew days ago and seems very consistent now. And mt appetite is terrible compared to what it usually is and I get nauseated and queezy from time to time.

Sorry if it's a lot to read.
I have an ENT appointment this Wednesday for my ears ringing. I just feel like all these sinus infections and symptoms got me depressed and making everything worse. I get like this every year around winter.

You think it's just my sinuses and I'm overy worrying ?
I wanna go get another CT scan to rule out anything serious.
Bookmark and Share

Offline mommabear

• Rec's: 5
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: you think its depression or something more ?
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2014, 12:36:28 AM »
I don't think I would ask for another CT scan, since this happens to you around this time of year. I'm much the same with the sinus issues and the pressure and such, where as before I rarely got ill with anything. Now it seems I get sick more and more, or perhaps I notice it more because of anxiety?! Either way its no fun. I get down when I get sick too, I think its a pretty normal reaction. Can you take a decongestant, or something else to relieve the symptoms? Do you clench your jaw at all? It can cause those head pains too. Anyway, hope you start feeling better :)
Bookmark and Share

Offline tjc6591

Sleepy
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2014, 07:17:49 AM »
I don't think I would ask for another CT scan, since this happens to you around this time of year. I'm much the same with the sinus issues and the pressure and such, where as before I rarely got ill with anything. Now it seems I get sick more and more, or perhaps I notice it more because of anxiety?! Either way its no fun. I get down when I get sick too, I think its a pretty normal reaction. Can you take a decongestant, or something else to relieve the symptoms? Do you clench your jaw at all? It can cause those head pains too. Anyway, hope you start feeling better :)

Thanks for the reply(:
I caught myself clenching my jaw a lot a few weeks back, around the time I noticed my jaw and teeth were hurting. It made me feel like I didnt know what to do with my jaw, bot trying to be weird, but when I would kiss my girlfriend I'd feel like I was confused on what to do with my jaw while we would kiss haha. Sounds weird

I made myself quit clenching and my jaw and teeth both feel better. Almost all of my symptoms are kinda fading, the ear pressure and head pressure is better. I stay with one side of my nose completely clogged tho and my left ear rings crazy. But other than that all is good. I believe it was more of a mental thing from being alil sick. I have terrible sinuses and I think it just shakes me up when I get the sinus pressure and headaches and stuff
Bookmark and Share

Offline tinam7

• Rec's: 76
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2014, 07:44:46 AM »
My big answer (in addition to all aspects of CBT) is a daily dose of Vit. C. which boosts the immune system. I'd be a mess without the Vit. C. Also had ear ringing, went to the ENT who gave me a sheet of recommended distractions.

My best help is from daily meditation, a variety of exercise and journaling to reinforce CBT. Depression can expand to anxiety, to hypochondria, to panic, etc. But these beasts can be tamed. Wishing you all the best.
Bookmark and Share

Offline tjc6591

Sleepy
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2014, 05:56:01 PM »
My big answer (in addition to all aspects of CBT) is a daily dose of Vit. C. which boosts the immune system. I'd be a mess without the Vit. C. Also had ear ringing, went to the ENT who gave me a sheet of recommended distractions.

My best help is from daily meditation, a variety of exercise and journaling to reinforce CBT. Depression can expand to anxiety, to hypochondria, to panic, etc. But these beasts can be tamed. Wishing you all the best.

Just so happen to be taking some one a day vitacraves that have 300% vitamin C made to strengthen immune system.  I know it can. Beat it once, felt like I was on top of the world once I realized how far I came and how much better I felt. I just have setbacks and I think this one just kinda got to me. Was your ear ringing constantly, or occasional ? Mines pretty constant, not just a 10 20 second thing.
Bookmark and Share

Offline tinam7

• Rec's: 76
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2014, 08:46:46 AM »
The Vit C matter can be confusing. I take a multiple vitamin, drink orange juice, eat oranges but that is not enough. Must take 500 mg C in a.m. and 500 in p.m. or 1000 at one time. Try to cut out one 500 dose and the buggers return shortly. So it can take a bit of experimenting.

The ear noise was in one ear, loud with only short reprieves. Could not sleep. It mercifully subsided on its own. Get clicks here and there and some background humming that I can live with. It can be a terribly unbearable torment. Some people have to go on medication. The origins seem to be mysterious. Sure hope you are much improved.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: