Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Buzzing foot  (Read 501 times)

Offline So worried

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Thoughtful
    Thoughtful
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Buzzing foot
« on: February 17, 2014, 05:01:10 PM »
Hi I'm new here and was hoping if anyone has this. It's a buzzing/vibrating foot, it has it's own rhythm, it goes Buzzz stop buzzz stop buzzzz and it keeps this up for a hole day! It feels like I have a mobile phone in their. My doctors haven't got a clue what it is! I'm so worried it might be nerve damage and if I go to the gym and workout I will make it worse, I haven't been in over a month, I'm getting really depressed as that's the only social thing I do! Sad I know haha :) it doesn't hurt or anything it's just really annoying, I'm hoping it's caused by anxiety, I didn't get it as soon as I finished working out but a couple of days after! If I have caused nerve damage through excising would the styptoms show up straight away? Sorry for the long post but I'm really obsessing over this. Thanks
Bookmark and Share
No more google for me!!!!

Offline aec711

• Rec's: 2
    • Poke This Member
Re: Buzzing foot
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2014, 05:50:16 PM »
Uggggg....I have had a buzzing left calf for 3 days now.  It usually comes on with me at times of high anxiety levels - although when I tried moving around - and arching my back it will go away for a bit.  I am not worried about it as I have heard this from a lot of people.  Could be nerve problems - but probably most likely anxiety related.  It just makes me mad because it is annoying!
Bookmark and Share

Offline Catesykes

• Rec's: 3
  • Mood: Scared
    Scared
  • Scared!
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2014, 06:16:23 PM »
I had exactly this and it was from sciatica or a compressed nerve. I had physio and it got better. I was completely freaked out by this but it's essentially harmless. Occasionally it returns when I get a recurrence of back issues. For me it felt exactly as you describe- like a mobile phone.
Bookmark and Share

Offline So worried

Thoughtful
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2014, 06:47:49 PM »
Hi Aec711 it drives me nuts as well haha :) Catesykes was yours just in you're foot? Did the physio say you had to rest it? I'm seeing a neurologist in April so hopefully he will be able to figure it out. I just hope mine is to do with anxiety because at the moment I'm thinking they will tell me it's nerve damaged and I won't be able to run/jog again as I will make the buzzing worst!! :( and then a bit of me is worried that I'm not worrying over Ms!!! Arghhhh I wish my brain came with a switch so I could turn of my thinking for a bit!! :-/
Bookmark and Share

Offline aec711

• Rec's: 2
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2014, 11:20:11 PM »
Oh if only I could turn off my thinking...life would be great!  My buzzing was gone all evening and then I read this and started typing and I feel it again -amazing what our brains can do - although I have a terrible lower back - so I am sure it is either/or.  And there is no way they would tell you to stop running.  It is only a little nerve irritation if anything.  I know - I am not worried about this and MS either - which is totally unlike me lol
Bookmark and Share

Offline So worried

Thoughtful
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2014, 05:12:30 AM »
Hi  :action-smiley-065: I'm going to try and ignore it from now on and I'm Deffo not googling it anymore! Thanks aec711 :)
Bookmark and Share

Offline psychopika

• Mood: Okay
    Okay
  • Whatever doesn't kill you fucks you up mentally
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2014, 05:31:10 AM »
Hi I'm new here and was hoping if anyone has this. It's a buzzing/vibrating foot, it has it's own rhythm, it goes Buzzz stop buzzz stop buzzzz and it keeps this up for a hole day! It feels like I have a mobile phone in their. My doctors haven't got a clue what it is! I'm so worried it might be nerve damage and if I go to the gym and workout I will make it worse, I haven't been in over a month, I'm getting really depressed as that's the only social thing I do! Sad I know haha :) it doesn't hurt or anything it's just really annoying, I'm hoping it's caused by anxiety, I didn't get it as soon as I finished working out but a couple of days after! If I have caused nerve damage through excising would the styptoms show up straight away? Sorry for the long post but I'm really obsessing over this. Thanks

It's very likely caused by anxiety. My brother had the exact same thing, his foot buzzed in a rythmic way, every 30 seconds or so. He went nuts worrying about it but it went away in a few days. 
Bookmark and Share

Offline So worried

Thoughtful
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2014, 05:50:15 AM »
Hi Psychopika thanks for commenting it's really helpful hearing other peoples experience with the buzzing/vibrating. 😄😀😄
Bookmark and Share

Offline Catesykes

• Rec's: 3
  • Mood: Scared
    Scared
  • Scared!
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2014, 09:18:34 AM »
I got it on and off in both feet. It did come at a high anxiety time so could well have been that!!
Bookmark and Share

Offline Hypo84

• Rec's: 15
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2014, 12:36:14 PM »
I have a buzzing big toe for more than a week now. I think it is anxiety in both of our cases.
Bookmark and Share

Offline So worried

Thoughtful
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2014, 01:23:00 PM »
Hi Hypo84  I feel the buzzing in different places in my left foot and my big toe was one of the places I have felt it. Going to try and move on and get some confidences to start going the gym again! I find when I enjoy something in life my anxieties come on full force trying to stop it!! Beside I've been comfort eating and all my cloths are starting to get tight and for me to replace my whole wardrobe I would need a lottery win!!! Haha so best go back! 😝😛
Bookmark and Share

Offline wegngis

• Rec's: 17
  • Mood: Exhausted
    Exhausted
  • Personal Text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2014, 03:03:43 PM »
I had this two years ago.  My right food would buzz every three seconds.  It was maddening.  I was sitting or standing still, I could feel it.  If I was walking or distracted, less so.  Eventually it stopped altogether.  I think it was due to nerve impingements, since I was also getting weird hand tingling too, although not like the rhythmic buzzing my foot had.  I went through months of physical therapy to clear up the arm stuff, and am happy to report that it helped a lot.
Bookmark and Share
MOST anxiety happens at the subconscious level.  JUST because you don't feel consciously anxious or had a day or two of calm doesn't mean your mind & body are relaxed.  It can take months of reduced anxiety before a body goes back to a more non-reactive state.  - AnxietyZone member Sixpack

Offline So worried

Thoughtful
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2014, 03:19:48 PM »
Hi Wegngis I had tingling in my hand it started in my thumb then progressed to my fingers then they all went numb it lasted for about 15 mins. Now will send all night googling nerve impingements lol I will be a expert in the subject matter by tomorrow!!! :-))
Bookmark and Share

Offline Hypo84

• Rec's: 15
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2014, 03:22:55 PM »
Don't Google, trust me, no good comes out of it...
Bookmark and Share

Offline So worried

Thoughtful
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2014, 03:41:46 PM »
Yeah going to take you're advice and not google! I'm going to wait for my appointment with the neurologist and see what they say. 😁😁
Bookmark and Share