Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Easily discouraged- indigestion and reflux  (Read 90 times)

Offline colorlessideas

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Indescribable
    Indescribable
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Easily discouraged- indigestion and reflux
« on: February 17, 2014, 03:45:16 PM »
So, I've been struggling with digestive issues for weeks now. Never happened to me before in my life. And while the actual symptoms are annoying, I'm also starting to feel a little depressed just thinking about fighting this. I haven't been googling (that much), I'm keeping calm, but I'm not finding much to look forward to.

I no longer feel like I even enjoy eating. All it takes is one slip up and I suffer the consequences. No more going out for drinks, no pizza, no birthday cake, and it makes me increasingly sad to have to cook two dinners. One for my boyfriend that has all the foods I used to love and one for myself that's bland, and even the bland things make me burp for hours.

Before I started having this problem I ate pretty well. I'd occasionally have indulgent food on the weekend, but I ate tons of veggies and fruits, avoided dairy, and ate limited amounts of whole grains if I had any carbs.  I miss spices and I miss hummus.

I know it's not a huge deal and others are suffering from much worse problems, but I just wanted to complain, get it out of my system.
Bookmark and Share
Nolite te bastardes carborundorum.

Offline Sunlover

• Rec's: 14
  • Mood: Relieved
    Relieved
    • Poke This Member
Re: Easily discouraged- indigestion and reflux
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2014, 06:08:43 PM »
Once you get a digestive issues those things can linger for some reason.   Don't worry about it, you will normalize and enjoy your food again (going out for pizza and everything else) just try to treat your stomach nice for a while because the better you treat it the faster you will get back to normal.  You could have eaten something that messed you up (irritated your stomach lining)
Bookmark and Share

Tags: