Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: For those who suffer from night sweats...  (Read 251 times)

Offline psychopika

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Okay
    Okay
  • Whatever doesn't kill you fucks you up mentally
    • Poke This Member
For those who suffer from night sweats...
« on: February 17, 2014, 10:04:28 AM »
I've been to an endocrinologist last week, because the night sweating I was dealing with was becoming very uncomfortable.
It all started in November and it was once a week, and it gradually became more often and more distressing, in February I started having night sweating every night.

My night sweats aren't drenching, but I do get moist on my legs, wet on my chest, on my neck, around my underwear - wherever skin folds.

In January I began having hot flashes as well, especially around my period and when I was feeling emotional or angry or agitated, whatever.

I feared cancer, I feared diabetes, I feared going nuts, I worried about having a problem with my thyroid or maybe entering early menopause (I'm 28!).

The endocrinologist told me that Vitamin D deficiency can cause night sweats and hot flashes, as well as anxiety and insomnia. Vitamin D deficiency is quite widespread and it's often more symptomatic in winter, because you get much less sunlight (vit D is produced by the body when there is direct contact of sunlight with the skin).

So I started taking a Vit D supplement, 2000 UI / day and on the 2nd day of taking it my night sweating stopped. It's been 4 nights in a row and I didn't sweat any more. Perhaps it's yet too early to decide that my night sweats were Vitamin D related, but imagine I was sweating EVERY night and suddenly 4 nights in a row - nothing. I'm relieved to realize it's probably not a cancer.

Just saying, if you suffer from night sweats... before thinking of the worst, try taking some vitamin D!

Bookmark and Share

Offline Allytiel90

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Sleepy
    Sleepy
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: For those who suffer from night sweats...
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2014, 11:13:04 AM »
That's good to hear! I've been sweating at night for almost 4 months but not drenching. Im so scared right now. I'm only 23 and have an 18 month old daughter. Glad yours was nothing serious. I'm totally convinced I have lymphoma
Bookmark and Share

Offline psychopika

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Okay
    Okay
  • Whatever doesn't kill you fucks you up mentally
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2014, 11:41:16 AM »
Try some Vitamin D supplements! You never know.

Also, if your sweats aren't drenching, it's highly unlikely they are caused by lymphoma.
Bookmark and Share

Offline corwin

• Rec's: 3
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2014, 03:33:31 PM »
oh my goodness gracious thank you so much for this post, i've been having hot flashes and feeling like i'm just radiating heat from the inside for MONTHS now and it's been one of my scariest symptoms by far. the vitamin d deficiency does sound legitimate, especially in winter and especially since i'm not able to get out of the house much and get some actual sun. thank you so much again, this was very relieving to read!
Bookmark and Share

Tags: