Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Should I get tested  (Read 179 times)

Offline Dario87

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Should I get tested
« on: February 17, 2014, 04:08:29 AM »
Hi Guys, I have been suffering from HA for a while. Anyway  my question is this- I am going overseas in exactly 12 days for a holiday of a lifetime. I went to the doctors today because i noticed white tiny spots on top lip and it freaked me out. She had a look and said its nothing even calling in another doctor to have a look and he was not concerned. Anyway they know i suffer HA as i have been there like 15 times in the last month with different pains. What currently scares me is 2 lympth nodes on neck and the fact that i have been coughing up brown phlegm. (i am a smoker). So i had chest x ray done and all was clear phew and doctor said my lymth nodes could be from my infected 2 teeth or another infection inside the body. Anyway i asked her today what can i do to overcome my HA as i am sick of it and i am always tired. She said why dont you go get full blood work done tomorow to put your fears aside? QUESTION- Should i get bloodwork done or wait untill i get back from my long awaited holiday.
PROS OF GETTING IT DONE- Can enjoy holiday without worrying that every pain i feel is some sort of cancer.
CON of getting it done- They might find some sort of cancer and my holiday is over and so is my future?

Please help what should i do?
Bookmark and Share

Online Cuchculan

• Rec's: 151
    • Poke This Member
Re: Should I get tested
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2014, 05:47:32 AM »
I doubt they will be finding any form of cancer at all. That is your health anxiety talking. If anything they might find you are low in this or high in that. The normal sort of stuff. Nothing serious at all. Very few people get blood work done and they come back 100% perfect. Vitamin D might be out a bit. Those sort of simple things. Nothing more complicated. So if it will put your mind at ease have it done. That won't be discovering any major illnesses at all. I can tell you that now for nothing.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Offline Dario87

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2014, 05:51:31 AM »
Thankyou for replying. so stressfull i have read that people who go for regular blood check ups sometimes they have found cancers without specifically looking for it. thats what scares me :( I hate HA
Bookmark and Share

Offline patmob

• Rec's: 6
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2014, 07:18:55 AM »
Get it done before - that way you can enjoy your vacation.
Bookmark and Share

Online Allytiel90

• Mood: Sleepy
    Sleepy
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2014, 10:38:04 PM »
I would go ahead and get the testing done. I was worried sick before Christmas that I had a giant mass of cancerous lymphoma in my chest. Or any kind of swollen nodes in my Chet really. I got an X-ray even though I had the same thoughts as you. What if it comes back abnromal and then my life is over? It came back totally clean, despite being totally convinced he was going to come back in and tell me bad news.
Bookmark and Share

Offline mydogisnamedslippy

• Mood: Calm
    Calm
  • aaaaaaahhhhhhhhh
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2014, 11:05:59 PM »
DEFFINITLY GET IT DONE!!

YOU'LL FEEL BETTER
Bookmark and Share

Offline Dario87

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2014, 01:41:50 AM »
Ok so I went in this norning at 8am and got blood tests 6 tubes- full blood count. Iron levels. Vitamins. Hiv.hep B. Hep C and sonething else 6 tubes in total. Now waiting for results its so hard I keep wondering what if they found something bad. Been nearly 12 hours. Going ti be a long night will call tomorow to see if results are in.
Bookmark and Share

Online Allytiel90

• Mood: Sleepy
    Sleepy
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2014, 02:20:34 PM »
Keep us posted. :) try and relax!
Bookmark and Share

Offline Hypo84

• Rec's: 14
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2014, 02:38:30 PM »
The worst part is the waiting period definitely. I was never sleeping the night before results.

Download some TV shows/movies you want to watch, or do smth else you really like to do.

Bookmark and Share

Offline stephtronic

• Rec's: 4
  • Mood: Hot
    Hot
  • \m/
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2014, 03:01:28 PM »
Did you ask them when to expect your results? The time it takes really doesn't mean anything. It takes a while to do the testing, and that's even if they do the testing in house. A lot of doctor's offices will take blood and then send it to a lab. It can take a week or more sometimes. Other offices test it in house, and even then it can take a couple days. Relax! Time doesn't indicate anything. :)
Bookmark and Share
My fake plants died because I did not pretend to water them.

Offline Dario87

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2014, 07:36:57 PM »
Hi guys so I got all the results. I was tested for evrything you can imagine as I though at diferent times I have cancer everywhere. So hiv negative. Hep b negative. Hep c negative. Thyroid normal. Infections negative. All organs normal besidrs she did mention that 2 results from liver came back a little high she said nothing tk worry about as they were just slightly high and usually from alchohol or medication can cause this. I am currently on 2 diferent types of antibiotics which I am now going to stop. So my final words are go get tested I was so scared and been putting it of for months.i can honestly say that I have a huge weight lifted of my shoulders. I still have a couple of lympth nodes I can feel in my neck but she said if I was to have cancer all my results would not have come back so positive. I urge you all to get tested for some final peace of mind. Its sucks being HA my doctor said she was not going to tell me that some of liver results were a little high cause she knew I would be concerned but that made me feel better because if it was somethinf really bad she would not tbought of not telling me. God bless you all
Bookmark and Share

Tags: