Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: help im so afraid for my son  (Read 184 times)

Offline tymommy

• Rec's: 2
  • Mood: Depressed
    Depressed
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
help im so afraid for my son
« on: February 16, 2014, 09:30:26 PM »
 :So,my poor 5year old has had a rough couple of months he seems to always be sick. I worry so much about cancer and some of his symptoms scare the hell outta me.  He was very sick yesterday,had a very sudden high fever of 104.5 and severe neck/back pain.we rushed him to the hospital.suspicious of meningitis They did aspinal tap. Which later cameback clear for now. They sent us home after just a couple hours. Well later on Last night,between advil doses,his fever spiked back up to 103 almost 104 and threw up. He couldn't even hold down a sip of water. At 100am i decided to go back to the er. They gave him a strep rest,a flu test,and a cbc.the white blood cells were high naturally, but  thaty was it. So they prescribed us zofran for nausea and sent us home. Hes much better today byt still complaining of back pain and now claims to have waist/ hip pain.im very worried its leukemia. Hes always complaining of sore hands,toe,and knees at  night.has big lymphnodes on his neck too and is always sic. Im  terrified :'(
Bookmark and Share

Offline Potatoes

• ɗℴ℘∈
  • Rec's: 4
  • Mood: Cold
    Cold
  • When she says she loves me.
    • Poke This Member
Re: help im so afraid for my son
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2014, 09:39:24 PM »
Coming from the tests your son is fine. Especially through the extra measures of testing as well.

If your son has had a fever and has been experiencing this pain his body is recovering... when your body is fighting off whatever is causing it sickness it's using a LOT of energy. I'd give it a few days to see how well he recovers and show to your son that he will be okay. Sending him through a lot of testing due to your HA it might cause him a lot of stress and he could possibly be just over-stressing how he feels painwise. If symptoms don't give way after a few more days of recovery take him back in.

Have your doctors gave you any information on the enlarged lymphnodes? It could be a lot of things but I wouldn't jump straight to leukemia. His immune system needs some recovery time and if he's stressed out from all of this it's not going to do him much good.
Bookmark and Share
Centuries are what it meant to me,
A cemetery where I marry the sea.

Offline soaringfalcon

• Rec's: 12
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2014, 09:40:40 PM »
Hugs Mommy.  It's soooo hard and so scary when our little ones are sick.  If he had leukemia, it would have shown in the CBC they did.  Is he in daycare or Kindergarten?  Little ones are often very, very sick because they're exposed to all kinds of things.

My daughter passed out at school this year and had to be taken to the ER by ambulance.  I had her diagnosed with something completely awful in the 20 minute car ride to the hospital.  She was just fine but it took me weeks to get over the worry.
Bookmark and Share

Online Lindsay2427

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Worried
    Worried
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2014, 09:53:57 PM »
Is this recurrent or seem to happen in cycles? Say every 4-6 weeks? If so I highly recommend looking into a pediatric fever syndrome called PFAPA. I know google is usually a big NO NO however in this case it might bring you some relief. My 2 year old son had suspected PFAPA. Symptoms are almost spot on what you are describing
. This is a fever syndrome that affects healthy children and is isolated got grown by 10. The only known thing to help is removing the tonsils. My son had his tonsils removed at 17
Months old and thankfully has been episode free for 7
Months. His episodes included
High fever 104-105
Vomiting and nausea
Fussiness
Extremely swollen tonsils with white patches.
Bookmark and Share

Online Lindsay2427

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Worried
    Worried
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2014, 10:05:13 PM »
Here is a link for more information.
Joint pain is another HUGE PFAPA symptoms which is caused by inflammation.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: