Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Does anyone have tinnitus--ringing ears as a symptom  (Read 321 times)

Offline BeatItIn2013

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Does anyone have tinnitus--ringing ears as a symptom
« on: February 16, 2014, 07:49:26 PM »
I'm looking to dialogue with anyone who has tinnitus as a side effect of anxiety.  It's my most troubling symptom.
Bookmark and Share

Offline tivoguy26

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Does anyone have tinnitus--ringing ears as a symptom
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2014, 07:56:15 PM »
I do also. I guess I am used to it and if I stay busy I really don't notice it as much. When I get anxious it does seem worse. Also some meds make it worse. Wellbutrin really made it bad.
Bookmark and Share

Offline 2sungo

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2014, 08:02:09 PM »
I've had it since my second episode with panic/anxiety/depression 12 years ago.  It did not go away that time when I got better, sometimes I wonder if the treatment (Zoloft) did it, but it didn't do that before.  I've had it ever since, but it does seem more noticeable when I am tired or anxious.  I kind of forgot about it, mostly, until this third episode began a year ago, I notice it more now but it is by far not the worst symptom to have.  I think others on this forum have reported it as an anxiety symptom as well though it can occur for many reasons. Funny enough when I was a kid I would sometimes get short episodes of it, randomly, and I thought it was in some way of warning me of danger.  Little did I know back then....
Bookmark and Share

Offline kickster

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2014, 04:16:39 AM »
that is what started my anxiety, i went to mountain climbing last year, which made my ears blocked and clogged like i was in an airplane, ever since that day my ears have blockage and i can hear cricket noises 24/7, sometimes my ear feels warm and wet from inside and sometimes i get earaches.

and because of that it gave me vertigos, i felt unbalanced and felt like i was moving and shaking when i wasnt. and made my ears so sensitive to loud noise and too many voices at once, it started giving me panics, and slowly i developed new symptoms from the anxiety and panic attacked i started having over the year. its been a year now and i now suffer sever anxiety and chronic 24/7 ear popping when ever i swallow or yawn.

its caused by some ear infection, i havent been to the doctor but its one of the reasons i got anxiety,  i kept googling why it was happening and ended up reading too much about other symptoms and read about other negative things, which filled my mind with nonsense and now i have health anxiety. even the slightest pain in my body will give me panic and nonstop worries that i have serious illness, i cant control it, i know its just in my mind, but i cant seem to stop it from happening, everytime im bored or not doing anything, i will start thinking about my anxiety and health, and now i suffer from GAD. cause of this one ear thing that started a year ago. it lead onto more and more things.
Bookmark and Share

Offline 2sungo

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2014, 09:07:39 PM »
kickster I hope you went to see a doc about your ear problem, it sounds like an easy to cure infection or something.  My tinnitus is constant though my noticing it varies but I don't worry about it being harmful.  Not that I don't worry about plenty of other health related stuff, but tinnitus isn't one of them. When I got an ear infection a few years ago (pre anxiety) I did find it made the world spin, but liquid antibiotic eardrops solved that quickly--plus the infection hurt a lot, so I was glad to get rid of it and am thankful that I am not prone to them. 
It is interesting that crickets or whatever night summer insects are out there can mask the tinnitus at times, the frequency must be the same.
Bookmark and Share

Offline kickster

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2014, 04:13:30 AM »
yea i have an appoinment today morning, the ear problem started after i went mountain climbing, it started then cause of high pressure, and ever since then my ears r blocked

they seem fine and normal when i lay down or as i first wake up in morning, after few minutes they get clogged and i can hear my own voice in my head when i talk like vibration like full bass volume.

cause of that whole thing i started having all the other symptoms as i kept googling symptoms leading onto more symptoms as i read them i started thinking about them and started noticing them on my body. and then anxiety into GAD.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: