Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Going to die from aneurism?  (Read 174 times)

Offline Waffles

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Going to die from aneurism?
« on: February 16, 2014, 04:34:15 PM »
For the past two weeks or so, my right temple has been periodically getting this weird pulsation. It will throb for a few seconds and then stop, but it's very noticeable. I've also been having pressure directly over that area. I feel like I'm getting weird pains there all the time now, and the pulsating is just getting worse.

I looked it up online, and these are signs of an aneurism. I am terrified. Should I go to the ER?
Bookmark and Share

Offline rosiela

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Going to die from aneurism?
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2014, 04:44:42 PM »
Googling any symptom will almost always bring you to the worst outcome - if you google symptoms of a cold, you will probably be told you have cancer or a tumour or something. Googling = bad, but so easily done, and probably the biggest downfall for us HA sufferers. :( But try and remember that Google is NOT a doctor, and just because you have one symptom, it doesn't mean you have the thing you're worried about.

I know this won't make you feel any better but I am sure you do not have an aneurism. The fact that you are terrified of it and are now convinced it is one will mean that any pain in your head will immediately make you panic, and you will fixate more on your head, which in turn will produce more symptoms… anxiety is crazy like that, and it is so tough to deal with, I know. :(

If you are genuinely concerned, you could make an appt with your doctor/GP equivalent? - if nothing more than to put your mind at rest, as the constant anxiety/worry WILL make it seem worse.

Take care.

Bookmark and Share

Offline marc

• Community Greeter
  • Rec's: 64
  • Mood: Busy
    Busy
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2014, 04:48:38 PM »
If it really bothers you, I would call your regular physician on Monday. If you had an aneurysm, than odds are you
would not be typing on this forum.
Bookmark and Share
If you're going through hell, keep going.
Never, Never, Never, give up.

Offline Hypo84

• Rec's: 15
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2014, 05:06:00 PM »
Aneurysm most often doesn't have symptoms. You can go to your doctor tomorrow to get checked but I sincerely doubt that you have that.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Waffles

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2014, 05:19:26 PM »
If it really bothers you, I would call your regular physician on Monday. If you had an aneurysm, than odds are you
would not be typing on this forum.

Marc,

I read that something like 5% of the population has a blood clot in the brain, but only a few actually cause problems. What if my blood clot is growing larger and becoming an issue?
Bookmark and Share

Offline Waffles

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2014, 05:20:20 PM »
Aneurysm most often doesn't have symptoms. You can go to your doctor tomorrow to get checked but I sincerely doubt that you have that.

I actually went to my doctor on Friday to talk about treating my severe anxiety. I feel embarrassed to go back on Monday for something like this. :(
Bookmark and Share

Offline clippergoodwill

• Rec's: 12
  • Mood: Relaxed
    Relaxed
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2014, 07:06:09 PM »
Its more likely built up stress and tension. Like others said, aneurisms ususlly don't give symptoms. The rare times they do,  its usually not what you're describing. Oddly, I'm having the exact same problem today, but I'm sick and working, and today has been very stressful.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Waffles

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2014, 11:40:52 PM »
Its more likely built up stress and tension. Like others said, aneurisms ususlly don't give symptoms. The rare times they do,  its usually not what you're describing. Oddly, I'm having the exact same problem today, but I'm sick and working, and today has been very stressful.

Do you have it in the right temple, as well?
Bookmark and Share

Offline clippergoodwill

• Rec's: 12
  • Mood: Relaxed
    Relaxed
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2014, 12:36:19 AM »
Yep... Right front part of my forehead. The vain there is pulsing and hurting occasionally. It started today, and today has been extremely stressful.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: