Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Anyone get relief from 30mg Cymbalta  (Read 177 times)

Offline TarheelBabe1980

• Rec's: 3
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Anyone get relief from 30mg Cymbalta
« on: February 15, 2014, 04:20:24 PM »
I started taking Duloxetine (cymb) jan 18th at 20mg which is almost nothing...then titrated to 30mg 8 days ago. Should I be seeing any changes yet at all?  My moods are still very mixed and kind of unstable, some days I feel calm and dont need Valium, while other days I feel jittery and on edge. Inconsistent energy levels too--why do I feel like I'm taking meth one day, then the next day (like today), I am lethargic and just stay in bed? I don't get this.
Bookmark and Share

Offline insights

• Rec's: 98
  • Mood: Curious
    Curious
    • Poke This Member
Re: Anyone get relief from 30mg Cymbalta
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2014, 05:13:39 PM »
I started taking Duloxetine (cymb) jan 18th at 20mg which is almost nothing...then titrated to 30mg 8 days ago. Should I be seeing any changes yet at all?

The usual minimum effective dose is 40mg/day, best taken as 2 x 20mg. As with all antidepressants it can take 3-12 weeks for Cymbalta to kick-in once you're at a therapeutic dose. So you probably won't get much response from 30mg, especially not after only 8 days. Because of its short half-life plasma levels reach a steady state after only 3 days so raising the dose every 3-4 days shouldn't cause the initial side-effects to become more severe.

Ian
Bookmark and Share
NOTE: I'm not a doctor, and particularly not yours, so there may be factors I'm unaware of. Therefore all advice is of a general nature and you should consult your doctor before following any of it, especially before changing med doses.

Offline laineymom

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Thoughtful
    Thoughtful
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Anyone get relief from 30mg Cymbalta
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2014, 08:05:23 AM »
I have been taking 30 mg of Cymbalta daily for about 3 1/2 months and it works well for me. This is my second time on Cymbalta and I was on 30 mg last time too. I think the therapeutic dose is 60mg, but I am pretty med sensitive so I'd like to stay on 30. It does take a while for these drugs to stabilize, for me, it was about 2 1/2 months before all the side effects, etc. worked themselves out. The trick is to stick with it through that time so you can see how great and normal you can feel at the end.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: