Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: High Blood Calciul Levels, Anyone ever had this?  (Read 236 times)

Offline IAMHEALTHY

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
High Blood Calciul Levels, Anyone ever had this?
« on: February 15, 2014, 11:54:13 AM »
Google explains only the WORST case scenario that causes this. I haven't slept all week. Anyone ever had this and it turned out to be nothing or a one time thing?
Bookmark and Share

Offline soaringfalcon

• Rec's: 7
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: High Blood Calciul Levels, Anyone ever had this?
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2014, 11:56:39 AM »
What did your Dr say?  NOT Dr Google but your Dr. who ordered the test.
Bookmark and Share

Offline vardnas

• Rec's: 96
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2014, 01:50:18 PM »
Google explains only the WORST case scenario that causes this. I haven't slept all week. Anyone ever had this and it turned out to be nothing or a one time thing?

Yes—Google's an internet search tool that utilizes sophisticated algorithms to decide which results are going to be shown first. Most popular does not necessarily translate to most likely.

My advice is that you try to curb the google searching. I know it's difficult when we just want that hit of reassurance, but it really does only make things worse. You're keeping yourself locked in a cycle of anxiety by simply relying on what Google tells you.

Are you trying to seek out any kind of professional anxiety treatment?
Bookmark and Share
In case anyone is still confused:  googling your symptoms will cause you to remain in a state of extreme anxiety. Stepping away from the internet is the first step toward lasting peace.

Offline IAMHEALTHY

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2014, 02:10:24 PM »
What did your Dr say?  NOT Dr Google but your Dr. who ordered the test.

The first time the other doc NEVER mentioned it 4months ago, but the Physician Assistant said it was high, but she never said how high. I getting her becuz she is very vague and has a habit of mentioning things and not going into detail. Tbh I don't find her very knowledgable and will ask if I can avoid her in the future and get the doctor who runs the practice or the other doctor, not PA.

She also said my b12 was high. I just started taking a b50 complex but google says it still shouldn't cause high b12 and both ofcourse point to the big C word and hardly anything else. I can't even sleep for days now :(
Bookmark and Share

Offline IAMHEALTHY

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2014, 02:13:38 PM »

Yes—Google's an internet search tool that utilizes sophisticated algorithms to decide which results are going to be shown first. Most popular does not necessarily translate to most likely.

My advice is that you try to curb the google searching. I know it's difficult when we just want that hit of reassurance, but it really does only make things worse. You're keeping yourself locked in a cycle of anxiety by simply relying on what Google tells you.

Are you trying to seek out any kind of professional anxiety treatment?

How do I really know it's anxiety. My calcium levels were high, or atleast that's what the PA said so it's not something I went looking for
Bookmark and Share

Offline marc

• Community Greeter
  • Rec's: 64
  • Mood: Confused
    Confused
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2014, 02:17:50 PM »
My daughters friend had high calcium levels at age 23. The physician said the numbers have to be read in conjunction with other
blood level tests to formulate an opinion.  He said supplements and medicine you take can affect levels also. He also said that when a
person has a very high value, it is best to have it retaken 6 weeks after the first test. Their was nothing wrong with my daughters friend.
Bookmark and Share
If you're going through hell, keep going.
Never, Never, Never, give up.

Offline kjoyce

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Okay
    Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2014, 02:25:08 PM »
I had an elevated calcium level once. Like you, I googled and totally panicked. My doctor said that it's probably because of some supplements but I wasn't taking any at the time. I repeated the test 4 weeks later and the calcium level was within the normal range. I never found out why it happened. Try not to panic! Retest in a few weeks if you can for peace of mind.
Bookmark and Share
If you find yourself in a hole, the first thing to do is stop digging.

Offline IAMHEALTHY

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2014, 02:32:12 PM »
My daughters friend had high calcium levels at age 23. The physician said the numbers have to be read in conjunction with other
blood level tests to formulate an opinion.  He said supplements and medicine you take can affect levels also. He also said that when a
person has a very high value, it is best to have it retaken 6 weeks after the first test. Their was nothing wrong with my daughters friend.

Thank you, I'm curious though. How did your daughter know to show concern for her friends levels, when most people could care less about calcium? Some probally think the more the better. Did the doctor show concern?
Bookmark and Share

Offline IAMHEALTHY

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2014, 02:33:28 PM »
I had an elevated calcium level once. Like you, I googled and totally panicked. My doctor said that it's probably because of some supplements but I wasn't taking any at the time. I repeated the test 4 weeks later and the calcium level was within the normal range. I never found out why it happened. Try not to panic! Retest in a few weeks if you can for peace of mind.

Were you thinking the big C word?

How long ago was this, when it happnened? Thanks you all for replying :)
Bookmark and Share

Offline marc

• Community Greeter
  • Rec's: 64
  • Mood: Confused
    Confused
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2014, 02:37:30 PM »
They are friends and she was being tested to see if she was anemic and that is when the high calcium
level was uncovered. She was complaining of fatigue and it turned out she had a virus.
Bookmark and Share
If you're going through hell, keep going.
Never, Never, Never, give up.

Offline IAMHEALTHY

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2014, 02:43:16 PM »
I'm glad she ok, thanks sir :)

btw, what led you here? Are you doing fine now?
Bookmark and Share

Offline kjoyce

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Okay
    Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2014, 02:52:22 PM »
I had major lymphoma fears at the time I had Calcium level tested. It was a year ago. I will check how much it was elevated and let you know tomorrow. Please, try to relax.
Bookmark and Share
If you find yourself in a hole, the first thing to do is stop digging.

Offline IAMHEALTHY

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2014, 07:33:26 PM »
I had major lymphoma fears at the time I had Calcium level tested. It was a year ago. I will check how much it was elevated and let you know tomorrow. Please, try to relax.

Thank you :)
Bookmark and Share

Offline soaringfalcon

• Rec's: 7
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2014, 07:40:44 PM »
I think if it was something to truly be concerned about, she would have had you repeat the test.  I think most medical professionals don't realize the extent that just a minor comment can have on those who have health anxiety.

You definitely have the right to see the other Drs.  I do that with my daughters peds office…there is one Dr that I just can't work with so I won't take any appointments with him.

Bookmark and Share

Offline IAMHEALTHY

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2014, 07:47:27 PM »
I think if it was something to truly be concerned about, she would have had you repeat the test.  I think most medical professionals don't realize the extent that just a minor comment can have on those who have health anxiety.

You definitely have the right to see the other Drs.  I do that with my daughters peds office…there is one Dr that I just can't work with so I won't take any appointments with him.

Yea, and the fact that she didn't explain what that entails was even more bothersome. Sometimes it seems like doctors could care less about other people's health. There's never any sense of urgency, rarely in my experience do they give advice about health. It seems only when the patint comes in with beer yellow eyes do they act concerned and even then it seems like they get off on the fact that "whoa this person is ill", that's what I've observed. Sorry for that rant, thanks for replying :)
Bookmark and Share

Tags: