Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Anxiety - just when you think you overcame it...  (Read 653 times)

Offline Hypo84

• Rec's: 15
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Anxiety - just when you think you overcame it...
« on: February 15, 2014, 10:06:35 AM »
...it strikes back even harder.

I was fine for the last 3 weeks without Googling, actually, more than fine, I was great. My rational thinking was dominant and I could dismiss all of the anxious thoughts.

I got tingling in big toe about a week ago, and I was able to dismiss it as nothing. I had those electrical sensations produced by touch in my left foot but those are now almost gone. So that wasn't MS, but this is? Nah...my rational mind was great in dismissing it.

Then, I noticed I may see a little reflection on subtitles when I watch them from distance in a dark. Blurry vision? Now years of previous Googling kick in...Optical neuritis is the most common symptom in persons with MS, it presents with blurry vision...I don't even know wtf optical neuritis is...but my mind is just incredible machine who disregards facts so it connected blurry vision, tingling in big toe, DING DING, PPMS on the way...and so I got incredibly anxious all of a sudden and I wasn't able to sleep all night.

Of course, it's Saturday, so ophthalmologists doesn't work 'till Monday so I can't check my eyes.

Anyway, I haven't Googled yet, and i refuse to Google, since I don't have idea how to check if I have optical neuritis or not, I might just freak out even more.

Road to anxiety free life is a damn hard one to travel, but I hope it will be better, it has to be...
Bookmark and Share

Offline marc

• Community Greeter
  • Rec's: 65
  • Mood: Confused
    Confused
    • Poke This Member
Re: Anxiety - just when you think you overcame it...
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2014, 10:20:33 AM »
I have known three people who have had MS and their main symptom was problems with walking and their gait. No one ever
mentioned to me tingling, optic neuritis, etc.
Bookmark and Share
If you're going through hell, keep going.
Never, Never, Never, give up.

Offline emily1994

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2014, 12:18:51 PM »
My aunt has MS. Optic neuritis is when the optic nerve swells. It's very painful, and you either lose your vision in that eye or can't see color.

Blurry vision really has nothing to do with it. I have discussed this with my eye doctor, as well.
Bookmark and Share

Offline scared_ter

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2014, 12:49:45 PM »
Same fear I have, its breaking my heart quite honestly.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Sunlover

• Rec's: 18
  • Mood: Lazy
    Lazy
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2014, 12:50:31 PM »
Over 50% of the people I see wear glasses, out of the ones not wearing glasses how many are wearing contact lenses?  No one has perfect vision and all those with glasses/contacts need to get their prescriptions changed frequently. 
Bookmark and Share

Offline Hypo84

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2014, 01:18:47 PM »
The thing is, I am 29y old. I always had perfect vision and near-sightedness should stop around my age, not start...
Bookmark and Share

Offline Sunlover

• Rec's: 18
  • Mood: Lazy
    Lazy
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2014, 01:33:48 PM »
I was just hearing the news this morning saying that grammar school kids are now getting more glasses than ever due to all the iphones, computers, tablets, etc.   (I got glasses in first grade and that was BEFORE any technology like they have now)  Your vision can start to decline at ANY age.)  My daughter has had glasses since first grade too.  Far sightedness (needing reading glasses) is more of the aging issue... near sightedness knows no age boundaries.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Hypo84

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2014, 03:16:06 PM »
Thank you guys for your answers.

As I don't have pain/color changes, I guess I am only getting a little near-sighted from too much looking at monitor.

As for no Googling, I still believe this is the best way to reduce health anxiety, though I will keep searching for new methods...

Thanks again!
Bookmark and Share

Offline Lindsay2427

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Worried
    Worried
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2014, 09:59:14 PM »
I HATE when HA creeps back after feeling great. This happens to be ALL THE TIME! I will be fabulous reminding myself I am only 26 (soon to be 27) and nothing is wrong and BAM something sets it off. It's either constipation followed my a small streak of blood and then I'm unable to do anything other than think I have advanced colon cancer, pain and numbness in my left foot is a brain tumor or MS, heartburn is pancreatic cancer, breast pain is breast cancer, you get the picture! I often think allowing myself to think I'm ok jinxed me and gave me something horrible. I am so afraid to let my self live a normal life because once I let my guard down about my health something might happen. It's a vicious cycle I can't break! Good for you for not googling. My willpower isn't  thy strong yet. I spent all last week googling tingling and pins and needles in left foot because of the symptoms I was having that are now 100% completely gone. Last eek I swore I had MS, foot cancer, or a brain tumor.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: