Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Stomach pain, heart palpitations...  (Read 131 times)

Offline elithath

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Stomach pain, heart palpitations...
« on: February 14, 2014, 02:27:17 PM »
Hey again...

So for the past few days I've been having a lot of pain in my stomach area and a lot of heart palpitations, which in turn make me more anxious in general! My bowel movements have also been... well, kind of wet/sticky (gross!) and just generally miserable. I'd call it constipation but sometimes it does end up coming eventually.

Do I just need probiotics? IS IT STOMACH CANCER? :(
Bookmark and Share

Offline Potatoes

• ɗℴ℘∈
  • Rec's: 4
  • Mood: Relaxed
    Relaxed
  • When she says she loves me.
    • Poke This Member
Re: Stomach pain, heart palpitations...
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2014, 03:10:19 PM »
It's more than likely just something that you ate that didn't agree with you. Heart palpitations seems to be overplayed at times. Anyone gets a racing heart or they feel like their heart is going to beat out of your chest. This is your anxiety. The fact that it's making you even more anxious just snowballs this effect. How long have you been having these irregular bowel movements? If the problem doesn't subside go with something with a laxitive or tums if you feel maybe the acidity in your stomach is high.

It also depends on the type of pain also,

but one doesn't simply wake up in the morning and boom stomach cancer. it's a long, grueling process I'm sure.

Take care.
Bookmark and Share
Centuries are what it meant to me,
A cemetery where I marry the sea.

Offline treadstone

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Okay
    Okay
    • Poke This Member
Re: Stomach pain, heart palpitations...
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2014, 03:17:41 PM »
I've been dealing with stomach pain and heart palpitations for a long time. I'm six months into my latest episode, with other episodes in the last five years lasting a month or two at a time. For me, it turned out to be gastritis and acid reflux. While both are quite unpleasant and worth seeing a doctor for, neither is life-threatening in the slightest, and both can easily be caused by anxiety.

My anxiety and digestive system seem to be more in-tune with each other than most people's, so a big and/or unhealthy meal can make me feel pretty bad - stomach pain, heartburn, acid reflux, rapid heartbeat, even shortness of breath when I get bloated enough.

I recommend eating smaller, healthier meals more often throughout the day. You might also want to stock up on chamomile tea and your choice of antacid. Try doing some light exercise immediately after eating a small and healthy meal. Your body will do a better job of starting up the digestive process if you move around a bit after eating, as opposed to just sitting around afterward.

Feel better.  :goofy:
Bookmark and Share

Tags: