Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Woke up a little off balance and slightly dizzy ! Now I'm scared !  (Read 569 times)

Offline KatB

• Rec's: 5
    • Poke This Member
I woke up today getting out of bed and feeling a bit unbalanced and dizzy . I have this full feeling in the back of my neck and it just feels weird .
Mh mind right away goes to brain Tumor ! 😁

I'm trying really hard to think rational and to breathe and relax but it seems to keep going back into the worry state .
Last night the only thing I can think if that might be the cause of this weirdness today could be the an workout I attempted to do . I was doing crunches etc and my neck was straying a lot . I had to actually try to support it with my hand because it was straining so much while I was doing the move .

Could that have caused me to wake up feeling a little out if balance and weird in the back of my head and neck area ? Dizzy or off balance ? Please any input would help my panic , I'm trying she's to rationalize😊

Thanks
Katherine
Bookmark and Share

Offline KatB

• Poke This Member
Re: Woke up a little off balance and slightly dizzy ! Now I'm scared !
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2014, 11:19:45 AM »
Sorry I'm typing on my phone and my screen is cracked so I cant see my spelling oops
Bookmark and Share

Offline KatB

• Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2014, 12:08:13 PM »
Anyone guys ? I'm really nervous and was hoping anyone might have some experience or insight into this
Bookmark and Share

Offline mommabear

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2014, 12:21:01 PM »
Anxiety definitely causes this. This happens to me frequently, and it could just be tension in your neck as that will cause dizzy/off balance feelings. I always just stretch and massage my neck a little and it usually eases up.  :happy0151:
Bookmark and Share

Offline Sunlover

• Rec's: 18
  • Mood: Lazy
    Lazy
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2014, 12:47:40 PM »
Neck tension can cause that if you were working out and your neck wasn't supported right.  If you are an anxious person it can happen too. I've been getting dizzy, off balance feelings, lightheadedness, etc for over 30 years already from anxiety.  Now it just makes me mad.   :P
Bookmark and Share

Offline Potatoes

• ɗℴ℘∈
  • Rec's: 4
  • Mood: Relaxed
    Relaxed
  • When she says she loves me.
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2014, 03:33:50 PM »
WHen doing situps or crunches, don't neccessarily pull with your hands, as you come up, look "up", and keep your neck straight, if you do situps facing a wall, when you go up for the situp or crunch, look up high at the wall, your head won't strain as much. :yes:
Bookmark and Share
Centuries are what it meant to me,
A cemetery where I marry the sea.

Offline Kindra11

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Exhausted
    Exhausted
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2014, 08:38:14 PM »
I'm going through the same thing right now! It feels like I'm on a boat is the best way to describe it. And the back of my head also feels heavy! I think it's stress and anxiety as I've had it before for a few week and now 4 months later I have it again. If it was something really wrong I don't think my symptoms would have disappeared for that long. Try to relax. It will pass in time :)
Bookmark and Share
Broken, But Not Destroyed

Offline clippergoodwill

• Rec's: 12
  • Mood: Relaxed
    Relaxed
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2014, 12:56:03 AM »
Definitely sounds like anxiety. I had a similar thing happen to me a week ago. I did some minor workouts before bed and as soon as I laid down, anxiety and reflux attacked me hard. It surely sounds like tension in your neck, it pulls everything tight and makes you feel heavy in the back of your head.

FYI... You shouldn't be straining your neck to do crunches, those are to work your core muscles. If your core muscles aren't up to crunches (common, no worries), try planks or squats to build them up.

Most of all, relax. If you feel anxiety symptoms coming on, don't push your body hard, it's already in duress and tension. Do things that trigger a relaxation response, deep breaths, lay down, soak in the tub, etc.
Bookmark and Share

Offline marc

• Community Greeter
  • Rec's: 64
  • Mood: Confused
    Confused
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2014, 08:47:12 AM »
Sounds muscular to me from your neck straining during your workout. As we all know, the more we think about it,
the worse the symptoms become.
Bookmark and Share
If you're going through hell, keep going.
Never, Never, Never, give up.

Offline KatB

• Poke This Member
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2014, 10:20:49 AM »
Thank you all very much for your help . I feel better today no dizziness .  Because it sort of came out of nowhere I panicked ,I had no anxiety about anything and it was first thing in the morning so I didn't connect it to an anxiety symptom .

😊👍 Katherine
Bookmark and Share

Offline ScaredBunny

• Hyperanxious Rabbity Thing
  • Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Sleepy
    Sleepy
  • I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer.
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2014, 06:17:05 PM »
Sometimes I wake up a little dizzy and off-balance. When it first happened to me, I was mortified and panicked about it all day, which made it worse! However, like you, it went away when I woke up the next morning. Now when it happens, I attribute it to sleeping funny (I grind my teeth and contort into weird positions when I sleep), or maybe not eating right the day before. Drinking water and eating light, nutritious snacks throughout the day that I feel "off" helps a lot.

Convincing myself that it's a transient feeling that will pass eventually helps to ease my anxiety. I tell myself "if I can just get through this day, it'll be gone tomorrow."

Take care!
Bookmark and Share

Tags: