Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Wire  Bored?

Author Topic: headaches old faithful  (Read 115 times)

Offline hijikata

• Rec's: 3
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
headaches old faithful
« on: February 14, 2014, 01:08:37 AM »
So my major fear has been brain tumor for the past 2-2.5 years and its always been headaches. I wake up with a pounding headache and then have a residual headache for a couple of days after it. I have headaches for months at a time. I write now because for about a month ive had a slight headache, tension in temples that gets worse as the day goes on. Some days it goes away and I know its stupid but when I dont focus on it I dont feel it. For example I got a piece of glass stuck in my hand on wednesday night and didnt have a headache for wednesday - thursday as I was instead worried about keeping the wound infection free. So basically im terrified its a brain tumor even though I had a ct a year ago for similar headaches and I just cant shake the impending doom feeling and its really starting to get me down. I have a holiday booked for may and worried ill be diagnosed before then so cant really look forward to it. Sorry to rant its just these days are getting me down a bit more than they used too.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Potatoes

• ɗℴ℘∈
  • Rec's: 4
  • Mood: Relaxed
    Relaxed
  • When she says she loves me.
    • Poke This Member
Re: headaches old faithful
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2014, 01:22:05 AM »
Headaches are not normally the initial symptom a person experiences if they have a brain tumor.
Other symptoms, like seizures, changes in vision or hearing, weakness of the arms and legs, or cognitive decline are often the first symptoms.

Where are these headaches usually located in your head?
Bookmark and Share
Centuries are what it meant to me,
A cemetery where I marry the sea.

Offline hijikata

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2014, 01:39:01 AM »
Back of the head and temples. The only slighty neurologic thing I have is feeling kinda zoned out but that feels like anxiety about the headache to me.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Potatoes

• ɗℴ℘∈
  • Rec's: 4
  • Mood: Relaxed
    Relaxed
  • When she says she loves me.
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2014, 01:45:50 AM »
The more you think about it the worse it will get, I promise you that. Just stay strong and don't stress out about it. Visit a doctor when you need to. Headaches (especially if you get them all the time) come from a lot of things, including common things like allergies :dazed:.)

If it were a brain tumor, you'd be feeling a lot more than just a headache, believe me.

There's nothing wrong with being concerned about it, don't beat yourself up over it. Anxiety (at a normal sense :laugh3:) is what keeps us alive.

take care.
Bookmark and Share
Centuries are what it meant to me,
A cemetery where I marry the sea.

Offline hijikata

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2014, 06:45:14 AM »
Yeah it's a bit like that, the more I worry the more I'm aware of the feeling. I'm pretty sure it's got to do with my neck but it would be really nice to wake up one day and just not worry about something
Bookmark and Share

Tags: