Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: low point.  (Read 166 times)

Offline ans1723

• Rec's: 3
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
low point.
« on: February 13, 2014, 11:42:41 PM »
I haven't slept or really ate in 3 days. I am beating myself up about my past, but that is only the "current" theme. Most times I worry (more like obsess-I have been diagnosed with OCD and GAD) about my health. Sometimes I worry about if I am a good person. Or if I will be a good mother someday. Or about the health of my family. Or the impression I leave on people. I give myself reasons to not be happy, and sometimes it has overwhelmed me. That is where I am at now...feeling overwhelmed and at a low point. I am tired of this as it is no way to live. I gave Zoloft a try and all I can say is...never again. But I know that there are many options out there. Anybody have experience with medication or any other coping/healing mechanisms they could share with me? I would love to hear and feel supported/understood right now.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Potatoes

• ɗℴ℘∈
  • Rec's: 4
  • Mood: Relaxed
    Relaxed
  • When she says she loves me.
    • Poke This Member
Re: low point.
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2014, 11:59:45 PM »
If you attend a college usually there is a counselor on staff that would be free to you (part of your tuition). Zoloft is a long process to take on. it makes you worse before it makes you better that's for sure.

Excercising, joining your local gym and finding a spot away from home where you can release some of your mind worries is another good one. In all honesty, My house is my safe point, but when my thoughts build up I have to go somewhere. somewhere alone that's new. You'll feel better about yourself.

Listening to positive music sometimes helps but sometimes you struggle with what type of genre to listen to.

Not being a weirdie, judging by your 2" avatar, you're pretty. and from what others see they might not see that inside of you. If I looked at your picture I would never even, for a second, think you were struggling. we all do.

As for medicationwise, something that's short term and you trust you won't use it as a crutch, maybe talk to your doctor about getting you a fast acting benzodiazepene, although they aren't something to do long term. I'm taking Klonopin right now while I'm getting myself set up on my Zoloft (just started a week ago) and to be honest, I don't really like it's effects.

Carried down the vine of conversation, I've heard on multiple accounts that Ativan (Lorazepam) is excellent for those situations that begin to take you over. Just pop it under your tongue and it will relieve you of any worries. I mean it's not a fix-all type of situation but if you're having a breakdown I'd suggest that'd be an option for you. Xanax works the same way but it doesn't really have a good reputation, however most say it yields the best results.

I'm not too informed on natural methods. I know that if you're having troubles sleeping you can always try Melatonin. 1-2 tablets, in frequently, under the tongue (sublingually), and it will usually give you a good nights rest.

Nothing beats talking to other people as well. That's why I love this board. I deleted my social network, I changed my number only college classmates have it... and in all reality some would say I'm alone... but it works for me. I've got a lot on my plate and I couldn't have it any better.

Take care,

Feel free to get a hold of me or what not have you any problems, or post on the boards.

Best wishes.  :action-smiley-065:
Bookmark and Share
Centuries are what it meant to me,
A cemetery where I marry the sea.

Offline ans1723

• Rec's: 3
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2014, 12:18:19 AM »
Thank you so much for taking the time to respond in such detail to my posting (and my other post as well). It means a lot to me!

I too am considering deleting my social network site and falling off the grid for a bit. I have actually been thinking (possibly ruminating) often lately how I truly feel social network sites are just not the best idea and have done more harm than good for humanity. Additionally, I spend way too much time on them.

Prior to this severe anxiety/depression, I took up running. Now when I wake up (usually after a couple hours), it's hard to imagine eating or getting out of bed. Today I made myself do those things and it is amazing how much it actually did help. I still have worries, episodes of guilt/shame, and helplessness hit me every couple minutes, but distraction is a major help and by not eating I was making myself feel a thousand times worse.

Also, I have noticed my anxiety is worse the first half of the day. Just a random observation.

I emailed my doctor (who happens to be amazing) about how I feel and my experience in the past with Zoloft, and within hours he called in a prescription for Paxil. Wants me to give it a try. I don't think I mentioned this, but he prescribed Xanax to me for anxiety in the past when my heart rate was in the 140s just from anxiety about my appointment. I told him about my chronic anxiety and that is when he have me the prescription but asked that I only take it if it is absolutely necessary because it is addictive. Anyways, I have been taking that the last few days, but now have managed to just take 1 when it is time for bed. I want to try Paxil, but I am so scared! If you don't mind me asking, what has been your experience with Zoloft? Any knowledge/experience about Paxil?
Bookmark and Share

Offline Potatoes

• ɗℴ℘∈
  • Rec's: 4
    Relaxed
  • When she says she loves me.
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2014, 01:08:48 AM »
I'm glad to hear you are finding ways to keep your mind occupied. It is good also to understand your triggers and times of day that set of your anxiety. It allows for better planning and gives you the ease of knowing when to prepare for a possible tick.

Running is an excellent stress relief, it oxygenates you and gets your body in shape as well. there is quite a bit of plus sides to that and it sounds like you're doing the right thing. I always feel content with myself after a good hard day at the gym... It's like my 2nd home. It's not the typical Gold's gym, it's a tad bit smaller but pretty popular, but for the fact that I"ve been there for years I know everyone and I feel kind of top dog there (I have Social Anxiety)

It's also good that you understand that there is no stopping or curing these anxiety attacks, it's what makes you who you are, it's your very own feelings and there's nothing to be ashamed about it.

I've had struggles with eating... I would be anxious all day and not eat the entire day... as soon as tension let up I would just gorge because I'd be all of a sudden starving!

That is awesome that you have a good relationship with your doctor, it eliminates the stigma or the mindset that would make you think that he thinks you're just seeking drugs. You sound like a very responsible individual, and the fact that he prescribed you Xanax goes to show he doesn't think that you're just out to get high. believe me... people abuse it. Everyone wants an easy ride through life... but what's life without the falls? I've grown to love my anxiety... I hated it at first. Sure it kicks my butt all the time but you know what, there's nothing more rewarding than feeling a sense of relief that you made it through another day. :yes:

As for the Paxil I'm not too sure.

ALthough... it is an SSRI so I'm going to tell you this...

Starting off on it you're going to have to stay commited.. Since this isn't a bakery and I'm not a cake decorator, I'm not going to sugar coat it.... It's probably going to be tough for the first few weeks. He may have asked you to start at a lower half dose for the first week to ease some of these symptoms... But if he didn't don't be alarmed.

Since Serotonin can't just be released to the part of the brain that it needs to be released in, when you take the pill that serotonin is going to travel throughout your body... in your gut as well. You may notice some stomach pains or headaches.... but you'll probably be fine, especially since you have your Xanax.

The biggest thing you will notice is hightened anxiety for the first couple of weeks. Like I've said before, it gets worse before it gets better... Don't be alarmed though... the Xanax will blanket the Anxiety spikes so that is a good idea to take it when needed.

I'm not trying to scare you, these symptoms might not even effect you at all, but I want to give you the heads up just in case.

I started Zoloft exactly one week ago. I started at a 25 mg dose (half my regular dose) but now I'm on 50mg dosage. I haven't noticed any of the physical symptoms such as upset stomach nausea or Diarrhea (Thank GOD) but I have had some pretty high Anxiety the past few days... it's been a bit of a tough week. but there are plenty of people in here to talk you through this and just know it's only temporary. I don't suggest it but just to prove that it's do-able, the past two days I've even ingested 400mg of caffeine (2 tablets) and that's a huge absolute no-go. My psychiatrist would euthenize me if she found out I did that... I had a pretty bad attack... twice... but I took a Klonopin and I calmed down.

But once you're get through the beginning stage you will be adjusted to your correct dosage.

Just keep on with your positive self-treatment of exercise and happy living, and keep those Xanax handy... don't feel guilty for taking them when you need them. It's those who don't need them and a abuse them that society frowns upon. That's my honest opinion. I hope this helps..

I'll see you around!
Bookmark and Share
Centuries are what it meant to me,
A cemetery where I marry the sea.

Offline clippergoodwill

• Rec's: 12
    Relaxed
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2014, 01:12:25 AM »
I haven't been prescribed anything, but I can completely sympathize how you feel in regards to worrying. For me, it's always late at night while laying in bed while trying to go to sleep. My mind entertains thoughts like if I'm where I should be in my career, should I continue towards a masters degree (I surely don't need the stress...), getting married one day, altercations at work, disagreements with friends, etc. I've got pretty good at talking myself down and reminding myself that these issues aren't what they seem, and I always have another day to improve on qualities I feel I need to.

This past winter really got to me. Cold, bleak days killed my mood and ambition. I went from going to the gym 6x a week to nearly not at all. Only recently, I started following my own advice and fought back,hard. I went back to the gym as I felt I could, and am doing all I can to fight off anxiety with the tools I have available. That's why this site is such a blessing to me.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: