Member Gallery    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: My dog scratched my gum and I think it bled... Rabies?  (Read 960 times)

Offline Potatoes

• Easy on the sauce...
  • Rec's: 4
  • Mood: Okay
    Okay
  • No matter how far down, You can always get out.
    • Poke This Member
Re: My dog scratched my gum and I think it bled... Rabies?
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2014, 12:06:57 PM »
stop your worrying, you'll turn into me!   :laugh3:

Then you'd wish you had gotten rabies.
Bookmark and Share
Sometimes, when I'm home alone, I fill my bathtub with tomato sauce and pretend I'm a meatball.

Offline inksie

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Worried
    Worried
  • Excuuuuse me, Princess!
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2014, 07:58:53 PM »
The only way he could get rabies was to have been bit by a wild animal and since he doesn't go out AND the UK is rabies free, stop your worrying, you'll turn into me!   :laugh3:
I don't know if he's ever been bitten by a wild animal though. :( There was one time about 1-2 months ago where he was acting very strange and quiet and was limping... after a couple of days he turned back into his usual self. My family thinks he may have fallen down the stairs or something as he was fine before we left the house that day and then when we came back a couple of hours later, he was acting strange. Should that be a cause for concern? He's back to his usual lively self though.

also, I've now got a sore throat and apparently that is a symptom of rabies! :( I went to the doctor today and he tried to reassure me that he thinks I do not have it.
Bookmark and Share
Video games help me forget about my troubled HA.

"The flow of time is always cruel... Its speed seems different for each person, but no one can change it... A thing that doesn't change with time is a memory of younger days..." - Sheik.

Offline Sunlover

• Rec's: 27
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2014, 08:10:07 PM »
If your dog had rabies you'd KNOW it and he'd be dead.  So don't worry about that.
Bookmark and Share

Offline inksie

Worried
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2014, 08:21:21 PM »
Ugh... still scared about this.

I think my dog is okay... he's acting normal (I think..). Since my anxiety about this disease is heightened I keep thinking he's doing unusual things but my sister says that he's acting the same as he normally does.

BUT I still have this sort of sore throat! It doesn't necessarily feel like a normal sore throat to me... I can swallow fine and eat and drink it's just a weird tingly sensation that's there when I think about it. Also, it feels like my throat passage has gotten a little swollen.

I'm freaking out about this. I researched that in the UK the rabies dog vaccine is not required by law as we are apparently, rabies free. We can still vaccinate them, but it is compulsory to give them the shot if we leave the British isles.

It's been just over 3 days since he scratched me. I'm getting so freaking paranoid.
Bookmark and Share

"The flow of time is always cruel... Its speed seems different for each person, but no one can change it... A thing that doesn't change with time is a memory of younger days..." - Sheik.

Offline inksie

Worried
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2014, 06:45:08 PM »
Anyone? :( I now have a cold, sore throat and a blocked/runny nose. I've spoken to 3 doctors and they have told me the chance of me catching rabies is very slim. Last known case in the UK that was CAUGHT in the UK was in 1922. But why have I suddenly got symptoms of cold/flu a day after my dog scratched me? They're all symptoms of rabies...
Bookmark and Share

Offline Potatoes

• Easy on the sauce...
  • Rec's: 4
  • Mood: Okay
    Okay
  • No matter how far down, You can always get out.
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2014, 08:33:11 PM »
Symptoms are not all just specific to one disease. I mean you're showing symptoms of a common cold. I wouldn't strain your brain on the rabies, Your dog would be FOAMING.
Bookmark and Share
Sometimes, when I'm home alone, I fill my bathtub with tomato sauce and pretend I'm a meatball.

Tags:

anything