Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Is anyone else pregnant and dealing with health anxiety?  (Read 133 times)

Offline kmm110

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Is anyone else pregnant and dealing with health anxiety?
« on: February 13, 2014, 09:08:50 AM »
I recently found out I am pregnant after a 2 miscarriages and 2 years of trying! I am very grateful but I feel like I can't be excited yet because I am so afraid something is going to go wrong. I am only 5 weeks so it's very early. I am also worried about health issues that may start lurking during the 9 months and I won't be able to do anything about it when I'm pregnant.

I was just wondering how others are dealing with this and if it gets better/easier as the pregnancy progresses?
Bookmark and Share

Offline Lo213

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Is anyone else pregnant and dealing with health anxiety?
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2014, 11:26:37 AM »
My first pregnancy was like that. I was worried about everything. I was at my drs office all of the time. Then after the baby I was worried about all the scary postpartum stuff. Then my heart fears came back. But I now have a healthy one year old. I'm 11 weeks pregnant now and have no anxiety about the baby. Sadly I have tons of heart anxiety.
Bookmark and Share

Offline xxAmyxx

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Okay
    Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Is anyone else pregnant and dealing with health anxiety?
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2014, 05:32:16 PM »
I know how you feel, I was a huge worrier during both of my pregnancies. Just waiting for the moment when things would go wrong. It really started when I read the book "What to expect when you're expecting". It should have been called - "All the things that could possibly go wrong during your pregnancy"! My husband had to take it away from me lol. When I would tell my husband all my worries he would say, "it's out of your hands". So I would just try to remind myself of that. Just try to relax, easier said than done I know!
Bookmark and Share

Tags: