Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Stomach/Bowel Issues  (Read 435 times)

Offline NinjaKitty

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Loved
    Loved
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Stomach/Bowel Issues
« on: February 13, 2014, 06:54:21 AM »
Just wanted to gather some information about the realtionship you have between your anxiety and stomach/bowel issues and how they affect you on a day to day basis.

Thanks In Advance

Kitty
Bookmark and Share
Currently surfing the anxiety waves!!
Current Meds
5mg diazepam 3xdaily
45mg mirtazapine at night
10mg Nitrazepam nightly
sumatriptan (doses vary)
Naproxen 300mg 3 x daily
Buscopan 20mg 4x daily
Lanzoprozol 30mg daily
Trazadone (dose varies)

Offline PinkIcePrincess

• Rec's: 9
  • Mood: Stressed
    Stressed
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Stomach/Bowel Issues
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2014, 12:06:09 PM »
I picked the one with more then one...

I know for me depends on my stress level, anxiety , panic and of course what I eat and drink.

I take Aciphex for Gerd and the Heart Burn also I have Hernia in my stomach ..then I had my gallbladder removed and as we know that and the liver filter out things well once the gallbladder is gone you can either feel better or worse or actually the same..

Bloating, Gas, Belching, IBS-C and IBS-D .. really the diet and the stress can make us one big mess..  :spineyes:

I panic I run to the bathroom but some days I can not go and really need to I actually wish anxiety would hit me so I can go..

I also have an issue if I walk into a store I have to know where the bathrooms are and then run to one.. makes for a good way to not be stopped up.. Anxiety is a plus at times... very few times

Cramping stomach and Bowels are the worse!!! Having Hemrrhoid's really are no fun either!
PinkIcePrincess  :action-smiley-065:
Bookmark and Share

Offline NinjaKitty

• Mood: Loved
    Loved
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2014, 08:09:33 AM »
thanks for your input pinky, my ibs id IBS-D never C its been like this for 6 weeks solid now taking buscopan to relieve the cramping but nothing seems too help with the bowel movements, I've cut out fried food increased fibre and protein and reduced it to see if either helps but to no avail, tried cutting out dairy, sisnt make a difference. I feel like im at a loss with it all now Dr wont prescribe anti d drugs as she say'i  your it bodys way of getting rid of somethings its not liking but its realy becomg a pain  in my ass.........literallly

:spineyes: :spineyes: :spineyes:
Bookmark and Share
Currently surfing the anxiety waves!!
Current Meds
5mg diazepam 3xdaily
45mg mirtazapine at night
10mg Nitrazepam nightly
sumatriptan (doses vary)
Naproxen 300mg 3 x daily
Buscopan 20mg 4x daily
Lanzoprozol 30mg daily
Trazadone (dose varies)

Offline Rachel_k

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2014, 01:16:17 PM »
First post here. Kitty- after I developed Anxiety I started suffering badly with my stomach and my bowels. After over a year of tests including camera down my throat, meeting a gastroentologist, doctors every single week....I was diagnosed with IBS-D. ( Previously never any issues). I have tried all the over the counter medicines, all herbal remedies, even reflexology..... I have to take immodium every day to control my body....The doctors couldn't (or should I say wouldn't) give me anything... Although my anxiety is so much better and even though I hardly experience any anxiety attacks these days... The IBS-D remains...mine was soo bad at one point that I developed social anxiety as well as my other anxiety issues. I literally couldn't make it through a whole week in work and weekends I tried to stay in....
Bookmark and Share

Tags: