Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Fibromyalgia pain causing confusion & anxiety  (Read 92 times)

Offline Bulan

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Fibromyalgia pain causing confusion & anxiety
« on: February 13, 2014, 05:28:01 AM »
Fibromyalgia can cause many types of pain and soreness, which has proven to be true for me. I've been in and out of the doctor's office constantly since coming down with fibro 11 years ago.

I once read that people with fibro need to be careful, because we can get so accustomed to strange, new kinds of pain that we eventually come to ignore them--which is bad news if we come down with a condition other than fibro. But since I read that, I've been painfully aware of every new or unusual pain I feel.

For instance, I have severe tenderness whenever I touch two ribs, the same one on each side, reaching from under my arms down towards the sternum. I think. Anyway, I also have shooting pains under both arms, extra tenderness in the muscles leading from the right underarm to the chest... So I'm thinking: breast cancer, or a severe lymph node problem...

I also have ongoing achiness and stabbing pains in my right hip/upper leg/lower back/pelvis. So I'm thinking: bone cancer, or a nearby cancer (colon? ovarian?) that has spread...

I've had health anxiety so long already, and cancer phobia for a year or so... And it doesn't help that I hear so many stories in the news about strangers--younger people (under 50) diagnosed with cancer, or from friends and co-workers about so-and-so who was just diagnosed, and so on.

Is anyone else in the same boat as me? Health anxiety is exhausting, especially when combined with pain from fibro, which often occurs along with chronic fatigue. Talk about going in circles.  :(
Bookmark and Share

Offline Cuchculan

• Rec's: 152
    • Poke This Member
Re: Fibromyalgia pain causing confusion & anxiety
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2014, 06:30:52 AM »
There is a special of the forum dedicated to Fibromyalgia. It is near the end of the forum. I think you might get better answers to a question about the condition in that section. As other people who suffer from it post about their issues with it in that section.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Offline Bulan

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Fibromyalgia pain causing confusion & anxiety
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2014, 11:30:51 AM »
Thanks!
Bookmark and Share