Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Think My Lyme Disease is Back  (Read 156 times)

Offline patmob

• Rec's: 6
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Think My Lyme Disease is Back
« on: February 13, 2014, 01:35:06 AM »
Last few weeks I've had increasing aches & pains, chills, tired but can't sleep when I do sleep its for about an hour then I'm wide awake - which is why I'm posting at 1:30 AM.  Joints in my fingers are killing me.  Heart rate high for no reason.  Felling crappy but not so crappy that I can't function on a daily basis but its getting harder each day.  Today a weird rash appeared on my leg but now its gone - my wife who is anything but a hypochondriac saw the rash.  "Electrical zaps" hitting my joints - muscles ache all over.  Headache.

Figured I was just getting something thats been going around the office but I don't think so - last time I felt like this was when I had Lyme Disease a couple of years ago and now I think its back.  For me the telling symptom is how badly the joints in my fingers ache right now.

Going to take 1/2 an alaprozalam now and some advil and go lay down.  Big snow storm on the way tomorrow but as soon as they open I'm calling the doctor and hope they can get me in before the roads get too bad.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Potatoes

• ɗℴ℘∈
  • Rec's: 4
  • Mood: Relaxed
    Relaxed
    • Poke This Member
Re: Think My Lyme Disease is Back
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2014, 01:36:23 AM »
Drive safe in the snow, You'll be better once you get to that doctors appointment my friend.
Bookmark and Share
Sometimes when I'm home alone, I fill my bathtub with tomato sauce and pretend I'm a meatball.

Offline mydogisnamedslippy

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Calm
    Calm
  • aaaaaaahhhhhhhhh
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2014, 11:27:20 PM »
Hey Patmob...
Please do let us know how it goes...im in a bit of a Lymes sitch myself right now...
Bookmark and Share

Offline patmob

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2014, 06:46:58 AM »
Work up yesterday and actually felt fine - except for the joints in my fingers - and the snow made going to the doc impracticable so I said I'd wait till today (Friday).  Slept well Thursday night - finger joints still killing me - so not sure what to do.  Lyme can come and go - I guess I'll see what the weekend brings.  If I have it and it rears its ugly head again its in the early stages so other than feeling poorly, a couple of days one way or the other won't matter.  Last time I was much father along and the anti-biotics knocked it out in 2-3 days.

Of course since today is Friday all of this means that it will flare up tonight at 5:10 PM just after the doc closes and I'll feel like trash all weekend - lol

MYDOGISNAMEDSLIPP - what is your Lyme issue if I may ask?
Bookmark and Share

Offline PinkIcePrincess

• Rec's: 9
  • Mood: Stressed
    Stressed
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2014, 08:36:38 AM »
Hi Patmob,
  So sorry you are hurting hope it eases up for you..

I just wanted to say that I really had no clue what or how bad Lymes can be in some people and each one is different and each person can be treated differently..
 One of my good friends has Lymes and she got tested for everything and even had many ct scans and mri's also pet scans but then finally they did the Western Blot test on her I believe is the name of it and then there was her answer...

She has done the antibiotics and is now looking into stem cells.. but in the USA that is not an option so Mexico is her choice to go have this done to beat it hers is the advanced type. She is a really strict diet and cutting back her smoking and hoping to stop fully.
 She asked me to watch a documentary on Lymes called UNDER OUR SKIN its about 1 hour and 40 mins long and can be found online ... I had no clue wow and it did scare me and she feels I should be tested.. but I have so many health problems I don't want to know actually but in watching that I seen people cured and some getting different kinds of treatments but also why here in the USA If a Doctor treats a patient that the usa does not agree with or the medical community then they lose their license .. that to me is horrible..

I feel more people should be made aware of Lymes and not be told it is just in your head like we are told about anxiety, depression , agoraphobia, panic etc... well yes it is in our head and in our bodies..
 Lymes is in a lot of people who don't even know they have it and are suffering because they are told they don't.. It is the silent illness hard to detect in many if not given the proper testing..

Praying you feel better and Keep us updated on your battle with this!!
PinkIcePrincess
Bookmark and Share

Offline patmob

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2014, 08:13:29 AM »
Thanks!  Woke up Friday after a good nights sleep but could tell I had been pouring sweat during the night and my joints were aching again so I went to the doctor.  He didn't say what he thought it was but based on the fact he didn't send me away with anti-biotics I know he doesn't think its Lyme, but he is checking for that along with a whole bunch of stuff.  Think they took 8-9 vials of blood for the blood work so they're looking at a lot of stuff, so I'll await the results and see what happens then go from there.

PINKICEPRINCESS - Thanks very much.  Lyme can be quite debilitating.  I live in Connecticut where it sort of started to gain recognition (I believe that Lyme Disease is named after Lyme, Connecticut) so everyone here has at least a passing knowledge of it and docs are very much on the lookout for it but I know thats not the case in other parts of the country and not everyone gets the bulls-eye rash so it can be easy to miss especially if the doc isn't familiar with it.

To be continued I guess!
Bookmark and Share

Tags: