Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Doctor's visit  (Read 139 times)

Offline Taurus4

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Doctor's visit
« on: February 12, 2014, 09:21:42 PM »
So I visited the doctor today to discuss some of the symptoms I've been feeling and to get medication for anxiety. He was actually able to ease my fears on some of the illnesses I feared such as colon cancer and lymphoma. Embarrassingly enough for me, he informed me that the area I claimed to feel enlarged lymph nodes doesn't even contain lymph nodes. I was prescribed medication for my anxiety which I'm happy about.
But here's the thing. Towards the end of the appointment he listened to my heart and immediately goes "Hm, you have a pretty apparent heart murmur. Has anyone ever told you that before?" Well no, they haven't. My heart was actually one part of my body that I haven't really freaked out over. He told me I need to schedule an echocardiogram. Of course my chest has been tight all night now and I swear I can feel my heart beating abnormally. I'm not even that familiar with heart murmurs. I guess they can be serious or could be nothing. Hopefully it's nothing, but of course I go to the doctor's to start treating my anxiety and leave with more of it.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Potatoes

• ɗℴ℘∈
  • Rec's: 4
  • Mood: Relaxed
    Relaxed
    • Poke This Member
Re: Doctor's visit
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2014, 09:24:49 PM »
To sort of put you at ease, From what I've understood, Heart Murmur isn't neccessarily harmful.

Maybe that'll hold you with a little ease until your doctors appointment.

Best of luck.
Bookmark and Share
Sometimes when I'm home alone, I fill my bathtub with tomato sauce and pretend I'm a meatball.

Offline hypochondrius

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2014, 09:59:23 PM »
I have my echocardiogram tomorrow. I've heavily abused caffeine and I've been having mild seizures/chest spams and palpitations lately. No more caffeine for me. The doctor never specified if he heard anything or was just going based off the symptoms I gave, but if I clasp my hands on my ears and listen to my heart beat it really doesn't sound good
Bookmark and Share

Offline Taurus4

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2014, 10:07:46 PM »
Yeah, it's weird because I'm almost 25 and this is the first doctor that has ever said anything. I want to know more about it but I'll probably plug "heart murmur" into google and a story about someone dropping dead from one will pop up and I can't handle that right now lol.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Potatoes

• ɗℴ℘∈
  • Rec's: 4
  • Mood: Relaxed
    Relaxed
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2014, 10:11:03 PM »
Sort of like a Swooshing sound? I know there are two types of Murmurs.

Depending on the type, it can even go away on it's own. but there's a lot of causes for heart murmur, but rest assured you're in good hands.

I got the OP and the other guys post mixed up. Let us know how your echocardiogram goes for you.
Bookmark and Share
Sometimes when I'm home alone, I fill my bathtub with tomato sauce and pretend I'm a meatball.

Tags: