Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Mild headache is driving me up a wall!  (Read 165 times)

Offline NightBlizzard

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Scared
    Scared
  • Just Breathe
    • Poke This Member
Mild headache is driving me up a wall!
« on: February 12, 2014, 04:11:11 PM »
Alright so - since I haven't been googling I decided that coming here before I freak myself out would probably be the best idea.

I've been experiencing mild pain around my right temple all day (on and off) it is mild but with a sharp twinge to it ... very reminiscent to an ice pick headache but a ton more mild, it's not exactly in the same area as where I feel the pressure in my head, but darned near close.

I think I'm a little nervous for a number of reasons, of the fear of a brain tumor or aneurysm still lingers in the back of my mind (though I've been getting better with the aneurysm ... less so with the tumor) and secondly ... a few months ago I DID experience an ice pick headache episode (in the same location!) and it was probably one of the most painful things ever despite the fact that the entire ordeal only lasted about 30 minutes. So even the slightest pain in that area makes me terrified of experiencing the pain again, as I normally do not get headaches there.  :sick0002:

I just took an Excedrin to try and make the sensation go away - at least for the moment so I can calm down, however I don't want to mask the pain to the point where I forget about it if its something serious.

Bookmark and Share
"Grant that my hands be steady, my aim be true, and my feet swift. And should the worst come to pass - grant me forgiveness"

Offline Kindra11

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Exhausted
    Exhausted
    • Poke This Member
Re: Mild headache is driving me up a wall!
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2014, 04:54:45 PM »
Temple pain has 3 main causes which are sinuses, TMJ or tension, if you suffer from anxiety I'm going to guess it's the tmj joint or tension. Alternate warm and cold on your neck jaw and temple to help relax the muscle and self massage especially on your scalp can help too. If the pain isn't worsening or comes and goes and you have no neurological symptoms the don't stress about a brain tumor! Stressing yourself out will only make tension pains worse  :winking0008:
Bookmark and Share
Broken, But Not Destroyed

Offline NightBlizzard

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Scared
    Scared
  • Just Breathe
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2014, 09:12:38 PM »
Thank you for the reply!  :happy0151:

I do tend to get very anxious when I get any sort of pain in my head, espeically when its either sharp/stabbing or when its in my temples ... I just have this horrible fear of getting an aneurysm and it bursting (even though I'm only 19!)

I have experienced tense muscles in my shoulders and neck (usually it's when I lean forward I can feel the tingling in my back almost like I've pinched nerves in there) for about a month ... although the head pain is just a few days recent.
Bookmark and Share
"Grant that my hands be steady, my aim be true, and my feet swift. And should the worst come to pass - grant me forgiveness"

Offline Kindra11

Exhausted
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2014, 09:31:15 PM »
If you have had back and shoulder tension and it hasn't been dealt with/relaxed that tension will spread and tighten everything up. It's a terrible chain reaction. You are way too young to be worrying about such terrible things!! Deal with the tension and enjoy being 19!! I know it's easier said than done my anxiety started when I was 17 :)
Bookmark and Share

Offline Kindra11

Exhausted
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2014, 09:32:35 PM »
Ps~ I'm now 31 and I haven't died of any horrible health problem I have thought I had ( and there are lots!! )
Bookmark and Share

Offline Lara71

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2014, 10:43:52 PM »
When I get mild headaches that don't go away, it's usually sinus.
Bookmark and Share

Offline clippergoodwill

• Rec's: 12
  • Mood: Relaxed
    Relaxed
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2014, 04:10:34 AM »
Tension and stress are powerful forces you shouldn't ignore. They will cause nerves to pull tight and develop headaches and other problems.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: