Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Just got two of my wisdom teeth removed  (Read 77 times)

Offline AH1990

• Rec's: 8
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Just got two of my wisdom teeth removed
« on: February 12, 2014, 03:02:03 PM »
I just got two of my wisdom teeth removed. Took every ounce of courage to go in there. Last time I tried they had to call an ambulance because I couldn't breathe and I was violently shaking all over. This time I was fine although very paranoid.

The procedure lasted thirty minutes. Ten minutes for the top tooth, and twenty for the bottom tooth. I am very sore and there is a lot of bleeding. I was freaking out about blood loss all last night and it caused a massive argument with my fiancée who just thinks this hypochondria is selfishness.

Today, I noticed splotches on my abdomen, red splotches, and I convinced myself I had another disorder (which I wont say, because I don't want other people googling it). I took my temperature and it was 97.6, which is in the normal range. I took it twice, with the same result each time.

My question is: I seem to be able to act normally when I don't have to do a medical procedure, however I am at a complete loss as far as what to do if I need to get a real procedure done. I seem to have uncontrollable panic and no CBT exercise seems to help it.

Even though I don't have a fever I find myself still freaking out about the possibility of this unnamed infection (which I refuse to name), even though in the back of my mind I know that if I had an infection I would more than definitely have a fever, at least a slight one.

If anyone has any techniques as far as summoning up the balls to go through with things, and then relax afterwards, that would be great.
Bookmark and Share
Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time. - Thomas Edison

Tags: