Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Vertigo & Headache. Normal?  (Read 137 times)

Offline Ssgirl

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Vertigo & Headache. Normal?
« on: February 12, 2014, 11:27:00 AM »
I have been dizzy for a week now... And just in the past few days a headache is coming on. This happened to me when I first was diagnosed with anxiety back in October.
But now that its coming back, I'm worried maybe its not anxiety.... Maybe a migraine?
Are these anxiety symptoms?
Does anyone know how to get them to go away?
Bookmark and Share

Offline Kindra11

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Exhausted
    Exhausted
    • Poke This Member
Re: Vertigo & Headache. Normal?
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2014, 11:55:26 AM »
What exactly do you mean by vertigo? Like full on, room is spinning and swaying or more like your on a boat? I am going through headaches and feeling like im on a boat right now, and its definitely anxiety. If its the full on spinning you may want to get your ears checked :)
Bookmark and Share
Broken, But Not Destroyed

Offline cravenmobile

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2014, 11:57:35 AM »
I have had Anxiety mimic tons of different symptoms including headache and dizziness. If it continues I would tell your doc about it, but trust them when they say it is nothing.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Ssgirl

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2014, 12:18:37 PM »
Being on a boat is definitely how to explain it. If I look too fast around the room it gets worse.
How do you relieve the symptoms? It's so obnoxious.
My doc knows I'm HA. The first thing she will tell me
Is its Anxiety and send me home.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Kindra11

Exhausted
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2014, 12:21:36 PM »
Sadly I haven't found much that really makes it go away, chiropractor definitely helps and so does massage... I take childrens  gravol during the day and sometimes I wear a transdermal patch (drugstore) that helps too. Does yours go away when your laying down? I wish I could sleep all day, it doesn't bother me at night lol
Bookmark and Share

Online crosbie87

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2014, 12:33:19 PM »
Sadly I haven't found much that really makes it go away, chiropractor definitely helps and so does massage... I take childrens  gravol during the day and sometimes I wear a transdermal patch (drugstore) that helps too. Does yours go away when your laying down? I wish I could sleep all day, it doesn't bother me at night lol

Hi. Funny you mention this as I am going through the exact same thing, just no headaches. I am experiencing a lightheaded sort of feeling which is really on/off during the day but completely dissapears at night. I feel almost 100% at night .. really weird. I also have nausea as well, i guess from the lightheaded feeling. I actually had this happen to me almost 2 years ago (it was my first anxiety symptom) and it last a few months. It gradually got better day by day.

Most important thing to remember is that a serious disease wouldn't cause symptoms to come and go. This proves our mind is playing tricks on us.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Kindra11

Exhausted
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2014, 12:57:51 PM »
I'm sorry you are going through this too, but I'm glad I'm not the only one!! This is by far the worst symptom for me as there is nothing you can do but wait it out    :P
Bookmark and Share

Online crosbie87

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2014, 01:20:56 PM »
I'm sorry you are going through this too, but I'm glad I'm not the only one!! This is by far the worst symptom for me as there is nothing you can do but wait it out    :P

Well there are things that I can do that do help out. One thing that I can look forward to every day when I am feeling crappy is the night. I know that when I get home and I relax, watch tv and especially lie down, it completely goes away. You also mentioned lying down helps, so there you go :)

Also I went through this once before and got rid of it so I know I can do it again. What really also helps me out is nice weather and the sun. Unfortunately we are winter time here in Canada and it's not the right time to enjoy the "sun". Hot tea also calms me down. You don't any secrets of your own ?
Bookmark and Share

Offline Kindra11

Exhausted
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2014, 01:26:25 PM »
I too have had it before,so I do know it will go away! I'm also in Canada and today os the first day that isn't -30 in a long time! I drink tea, read books and do anxiety relief yoga to help. If it gets too bad I lay down for 10 minutes. The worst is just sitting down and it feels like I'm going to fall backwards. It's crazy what anxiety can do to us. I definitely can't wait for spring/ summer so I can hangout in the sunshine without freezing to death!
Bookmark and Share

Online crosbie87

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2014, 01:32:56 PM »
So you also find the warm weather and the sun helps ? I think the key is to calm your system down. I don't think it's a coincidence that we are best at night ... especially when sleeping. Do you have the feeling when you are lying down in the morning right after waking up ? or does it hit you once you get up after a short while ? I will also sometimes go through periods in the day where it gets a little better.... and i think back to those times and realized it was when i was not thinking so much about it and was thinking positive things.

Also, having gone through anxiety symptoms now for almost 2 years, I notice it also makes me lose interest in things that i usually love doing. A great example is playing video games. When I am feeling good physically, i find myself at work sometimes looking forward to coming home and playing video games, watching tv ... watching hockey ... bla bla. When I am feeling crappy, I don't have any interest whatsoever in what I usually love doing. That usually is a good indicator to me.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Kindra11

Exhausted
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2014, 02:52:55 PM »
When my anxiety is I up I have a lack of interest in anything. I usually get on the boat after I get up and have been moving around. I agree mine will go away for a bit during the day. I definitely think the sun helps. The blah sh*tty weather makes all my symptoms worse
Bookmark and Share

Offline Ssgirl

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2014, 04:31:43 PM »
Im glad I am not the only one. This stuff is scary.
I am starting to get nauseated.. which is sending me into a panic.

....trying to stay in a happy place.....
Bookmark and Share

Offline Kindra11

Exhausted
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2014, 04:37:56 PM »
Gravol helps with the nausea.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: