Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: anxiety or heart problems??? so confused and scared.  (Read 385 times)

Offline crissy212002

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Stressed
    Stressed
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
anxiety or heart problems??? so confused and scared.
« on: February 10, 2014, 07:17:32 PM »
So i have posted a few times on here but i just really need some reassurance i guess. I have had 3 EKG's done and blood test and xray and the drs keep telling me i have anxiety and maybe some acid reflux but the symptoms i have all are the same as a person with heart problems, the dizziness,the papitations,the tingling,the neausea,the chest pains,all of it.This has been going on for almost a year now and i have never had anxiety or acid reflux in my life until now. My husband and i did move in with my parents a year ago and its not awesome but i really dont feel it is bad enough to cause this. Some of my days are good and some days i feel like i am really dieing and some days i feel good until i eat. PLZ HELP!!
Bookmark and Share
Crissy212002

Offline patmob

• Rec's: 7
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: anxiety or heart problems??? so confused and scared.
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2014, 06:12:50 AM »
The more you can calm down and accept the fact that you have anxiety/acid reflux the more your anxiety will calm down and the better you will feel.  I know you don't think acid reflux can be "bad enough to cause all this" but it can and more.  You've been checked out by a doctor and your heart is fine.

Try this for 2-3 weeks - do whatever your doctor told you to do and eat a diet that is anti-acid reflux and see if you don't feel better.  Don't cheat - don't eat it 70% of the time - eat it 100% of the time for a couple of weeks and see how you feel. 

You haven't been having a heart attack for a year.
Bookmark and Share

Offline marc

• Community Greeter
  • Rec's: 64
  • Mood: Confused
    Confused
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2014, 08:13:13 AM »
A serious heart issue would have showed up by now. A physician once told me that
GERD can cause palpitations in some individuals.
Bookmark and Share
If you're going through hell, keep going.
Never, Never, Never, give up.

Offline alizzy

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2014, 09:07:25 AM »
Hi!  Anxiety can manifest itself in so many ways.  If your symptoms are, indeed, caused by anxiety, it may be your body's subconsciousness way of exhibiting stress.  I had heart issues (palpitations, pressure, pounding heart) long before I knew I had anxiety.  Of course, it could be a physical issue that your doctor is missing. So monitor your symptoms closely and contact your doc or get a second opinion if your symptoms change in an alarming way.   
Bookmark and Share

Offline forever young

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2014, 10:19:10 AM »
Alizzy what is wrong with your heart ? you said you had heart issues. I too am concerned. I have had all kinds of symptoms. I have back pain shoulder pain neck pain. I use to have weak spells. I feel I am in totally HA I am afraid to have the test run on my heart afraid they will find something wrong. what kind of test have you had run?
Bookmark and Share

Offline whippetiggy

• Rec's: 1
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2014, 01:47:53 PM »
I have every single symptom mentioned here and many more. Here's the thing - I've had all these symptoms for almost 20 years. If it was heart-related, I'd be long dead.

I found a fantastic doctor who makes me feel OK. And I am for most of the time now, but not always. Sometimes I still worry about the chest pains or the left shoulder pains or the dizziness, etc.

I have GERD. GERD always gives me palpitations. I have anxiety that is very high right now due to job loss. That also gives me palps AND it gives me GERD!

But, you've had all the tests. (So did I). I'm fine and you will be too! ;D
Bookmark and Share

Offline crissy212002

• Mood: Stressed
    Stressed
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2014, 10:47:26 PM »
Thank so much for the replies. Lots of times i can tell myself its just anxiety or acid reflux and i never give it a second thought and then there are other times that i just cant seem to accept it. It always helps to get on here when i am having bad days to see that other people are having the same symptoms as i am.
Thanks again and God bless.
Bookmark and Share
Crissy212002

Offline clippergoodwill

• Rec's: 12
  • Mood: Relaxed
    Relaxed
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2014, 04:59:38 AM »
I have identical symptoms with chest pain, nausea, palpitations, sharp pains along the left side... along with tingling/numbness in my left arm, etc. It panicked me enough to go to the ER a few times and get checked out. Even took an ambulance ride once, but even the paramedics were confused because it didn't seem like just anxiety... That day, all day long I had chest pains, and had to take a friend to work that evening. While driving I began having a hard time breathing and the pain got worse, well, it got very bad to be honest. There was a pharmacy close by so I stopped to grab some asprin. As my luck would have it, I had to wait in line behind someone counting out change and taking their sweet time. The cashier said I looked in serious distress - she asked if I was ok, I told her I wasn't sure because my chest was hurting bad. The lady counting change said I looked pale and that's what happened to her husband when he had a heart attack. The cashier called 911, paramedics arrive and check my bp, 180/115 and pulse was 140. Now, I've ran my pulse into the mid 200's, but that was while working out. 140 for doing nothing but drive a car? yea... The paramedics put me on o2 and gave me a spray of nitroglycerin to bring my bp down, which it did after 10 mins. The medic said he felt that I had a cardiac event, but the symptoms were mixed and he wasn't sure, so he recommended a trip to the ER. The hospital ran EKG's and blood work, did a full checkup and monitored me for a few hours, ended up releasing me stating I had heart palpitations.

Looking back, I view the events that day as an example of runaway anxiety. I didn't allow myself to calm down, and admit that I had stayed very busy all day long. Of course, being in full blown denial of anxiety at the time didn't help either. I had a similar, but less intense event a few weeks later and eventually visited a cardiologist who gave my ticker a clean bill of health - and suggested, like the other doctors, that I had anxiety.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Lara71

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2014, 06:22:38 AM »
Chrissy, these are my exact same symptoms. Egk, blood work, and echo were all normal. My reflux and anxiety go hand and hand.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: