Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Blood squeezed from nipple?! Sorry tmi  (Read 243 times)

Offline Gemmaa0207

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Blood squeezed from nipple?! Sorry tmi
« on: February 10, 2014, 03:35:14 AM »
Hi I'm 22 weeks pregnant and I noticed what I can only describe as a small blister on my nipple last night like a idiot I was squeezing it for ages until it drew blood it's now very sore and it looks like there is blood still in it. I hope this makes sense it won't of bled if I hadn't of sqeezed it. Anyway I'm freaking out because when I've googled if this is normal the majority of posts come up it's possibly breast cancer. So I'm freaking out I don't want to go to the doctor as I went only recently about something else and I presume it's sore from me squeezing it. Can you even get blisters on your nipple? Someone help I've not slept all night stressing it might be cancer
Bookmark and Share

Online Cuchculan

• Rec's: 169
    • Poke This Member
Re: Blood squeezed from nipple?! Sorry tmi
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2014, 05:55:07 AM »
This is a blister above the skin. If we squeeze any blister hard and long enough we are always going to draw blood. It is not as if the lump was under your skin. But if you are really worried go have a check up and explain your story to a medical expert. Let them decide on what course of action to take. No harm in doing that at all. Might put your mind at ease and also better safe than sorry. But I still think it would happen with any blister anywhere on the body if anybody squeezed long and hard enough. Most probably just broke the skin.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Offline marc

• Community Greeter
  • Rec's: 65
  • Mood: Confused
    Confused
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2014, 07:50:48 AM »
A blister is not any form of cancer.
Bookmark and Share
If you're going through hell, keep going.
Never, Never, Never, give up.

Offline Ihadcancer

• Rec's: 12
  • Mood: Okay
    Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2014, 08:39:31 AM »
Your nipple is regular skin (not the inside functioning part but the outside) and you can get clogged sebaceous glands and more.  My mother had minor bleeding from her nipple and she had a teeny cyst. Her's bled without any squeezing and without any 'blister', etc.  They did remove her cyst but told her ahead of time that it was a clump of blood vessels and nothing bad.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Gemmaa0207

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2014, 10:54:57 AM »
Thankyou very much I spoke to a midwife who told me not to worry i guess it's just in such a sensitive area and so much stuff out there to be cautious of cancer. Just to update it's now a very small red dot and kinda scabed over I've been told to not touch it and let it heal and if no better see the doc which plan to do. Oh how worrying plays tricks on your mind! Thanks for all your response it does help :)
Bookmark and Share

Tags: