Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: What's REALLY going on?  (Read 285 times)

Offline Potatoes

• ɗℴ℘∈
  • Rec's: 4
  • Mood: Relaxed
    Relaxed
  • When she says she loves me.
    • Poke This Member
What's REALLY going on?
« on: February 09, 2014, 11:33:03 PM »
Hey guys,

I'm just going to dump out how I really feel. I don't want to frustrate those who have been helping me out the past few days, and I don't expect them to repeat anything, I took it to heart no worries.

I've been sticking it out with my medication for three whole days. In these three days I'm sure feeling quite a bit of change. I'm not talkactive and fun like I usually am, I've lost interest in listening to music and working out, enjoying my hobbies. I'm not going to blame the medication but I'd like to point a finger at my own personal worries.

I find it crazy how the mind can alter and control you, but yet there's that part of your brain that wants to live that worry-free life. There's conflicts going on up there and it's forever to pinpoint it.

I struggle with the fact that this social anxiety I have is taking control of my life... and will continue to be there for the many years to come. Does it ever end? I doubt it. But I'm looking to take grasp of it and push past this overwhelming sense of agony. I'm playing things far more deeper than what it really is.

I shouldn't have to constantly worry that I'm going to run into that long lost friend who, for some reason, I feel is going to try and use me. I shouldn't have to hide my cellphone and take short distance drives to avoid being seen by the friends I used to spend time with, that I used to love to hang out with. Who's the one with the real issue? I'm the one avoiding them?

I want this to stop. Therapy sounds good. the medication treatment to help me through this battle sounds good..

but what happens when all of those come to a halt? will I be back to how I am before I ever started? It's hard to grasp that some day I could be living anxiety-free and overcome this to where not a single emotional trigger is pulled.

I'm going to stick it out. I want to finish my schooling, move out of this town I live in and maybe start a new life. leave this anxiety behind with it.

Thank you everyone for your support. Not one therapy session, nor one pill could be as effective than communicating and being around people who understand what you're going through.
Bookmark and Share
Centuries are what it meant to me,
A cemetery where I marry the sea.

Offline YoloGirl31

• Rec's: 3
  • Mood: Hot
    Hot
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: What's REALLY going on?
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2014, 12:52:01 AM »
Almost all meds make you feel worse before you start to feel better, hang in there, it's not easy but it does get better I promise. I've had to go through it when I first made the decision to seek help through meds and also a few times when changing meds. By meds I mean in the ssri family as I haven't taken any others. I too worry about SA taking over my life, and I've wondered countless times if I'll ever truly get better, but meds do help very much you just have to keep pushing until it starts working. No one wants to have SA but we are the truly strong ones in life and we learn to appreciate things others can't simply because they don't feel like we feel life. I do think one day we can overcome our fears, that thought is what drives me daily through my ups and downs.  Good luck to you, feel better  :winking0008:
Bookmark and Share

Offline Xosammy

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Sleepy
    Sleepy
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2014, 01:41:09 AM »
Give the medicine Atleast a month to a month and a half to start working. I'm currently on celexa and that's what it took for me, the first weeks were hell. Also finish up your schooling, that's going to be a Great accomplishment, if you still feel the need to pack up and start over, we'll there's nothing wrong with that. It may be good for you! Wish you the best:)
Bookmark and Share

Offline Potatoes

• ɗℴ℘∈
  • Rec's: 4
  • Mood: Relaxed
    Relaxed
  • When she says she loves me.
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2014, 01:43:44 AM »
How is the Celexa working for you now?
Bookmark and Share