Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Sick to my stomach  (Read 192 times)

Offline Nann James

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Sick to my stomach
« on: February 09, 2014, 07:25:21 PM »
I am NEVER sick to my stomach. I am normally a rock. Never have nausea.  So Wednesday I was nausious and I thought ... weird ... then Thursday I was ok. Then Friday I went all day feeling ok only to get very ill after having a cup of coffee. I have this SAME coffee every day. To avoid throwing up I went out and got ginger and it didn't help. The next day I felt bad as well. Along with this nausea I have the chills.  I do not have a fever. I felt better today and was happy but then... I had a cup of coffee... and my stomach exploded again.

Basically I am trying not to panic... nausea is one of those terrifying symptoms. My mother died of stomach cancer (at 83) and I am 42...  but for months before her diagnosis she was nauseous... but never threw up.  Every doctor just said she had stomach acid and gave her drugs.

My best non cancer related thought is stomach acid ... though I have never had this feeling before. But you know I am right there at some sort of horrible cancer. The worst part is that I am moving in 3 weeks and at the peak of the stress. I can't add feeling bad / going to the doctor. I don't have any time off for that crap.

I have thought of a stomach bug.. my boss was sick 3 weeks ago with it. But I usually don't have such things and why is it only happening randomly....

I am also white as a sheet and exhausted.  Last time I went to a doctor for a stomach issue I got NO help. All they wanted to do was give me a colonosopy and an endoscopy. When it would be so easy to just give a ct... they wouldn't. I don't feel like I will get any real help if there is a problem. They are so passive agressive. They will start like they did with my mom... with a drug... when that doesn't work they will tell me it is in my head... stress... when that doesn't work they will give you one of those barium tests... then, they will try to give a colonoscopy / endo scopy only  to actually give you the test you need when you show up at the ER throwing up your stomach.
Bookmark and Share

Offline anagargano

• Rec's: 2
  • Mood: Scared
    Scared
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Sick to my stomach
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2014, 07:29:13 PM »
I am very sorry you are feeling this way.....I have had nausea many many times and its always been anxiety, its seems to be extremely common with anxiety , mine comes and goes might have it for few weeks then wont have it for months and then back again....
Bookmark and Share

Offline Sunlover

• Rec's: 18
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2014, 07:35:30 PM »
With it coming and going like that it DOES sounds like stress/anxiety from the impending move.  Coffee is one thing they tell you to stay away from if you have GERD, so it must be bad on the stomach) the lining of your stomach if probably "distressed" and the coffee is setting it off.  It can't be a bug they don't come and go like that - it can't be cancer, that doesn't come and go either. 
Bookmark and Share

Offline Nann James

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2014, 07:58:51 PM »
Well I know you are trying to help -- and I thank you -- but it can be cancer. This is the stuff that happened when I worried about my mom. She had a mass and of course, if she ate food... it felt worse than if she didn't... one reason she started not eating when I wasn't around -- but she was functional enough for quite sometime.  It wasn't until the very very end that she had symptoms bad enough to really know.

I do think it could be related to the move, also TOM (which just happened) I am also wondering about a nutrient deficiency... I have not been eating well. Also .. last year my doctor stopped me from eating any iron in my multivitamin because I had too much. It has been a year without any iron and maybe, I do need some.  I have been tired and headachey lately.

I finally got fed up and e-mailed my doctor asking for an appointment. Hopefully if it doesn't get better a blood test could tell the tale.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Melissa100

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2014, 11:02:27 PM »
I know it sounds crazy but I would go for endoscopy and colonoscopy if I were you. I was sick last year and it was all stomach related issues until they did endoscopy and found out I had H pylori. Also you probably need to change your doctor if he or she doesn’t show any concerns.  It can be anything from gallbladder to bacteria and of course GERD. But if I were you I would go deeper just because you do have family history. I would push for all three, CT, endoscopy and colonoscopy. GERD also has to be treated and sometimes they need to do endoscopy just to see if there is any damage from it, like inflammation or ulcers.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: