Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Weird Fears  (Read 217 times)

Offline lemonlimeskull

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Scared
    Scared
  • Tired of being afraid....
    • Poke This Member
Weird Fears
« on: February 09, 2014, 04:16:51 PM »
Hi, usually I worry about my health but I have bouts of just....random worry one of which I'm going through now. Everything from someone I love getting sick/dying to terrorist attacks, WIII, alien invasion, zombie apocalypse. Really ridiculous stuff at times I am sure will happen. I feel like doom is just around the corner every day. It doesn't help that my girl friend has been having an anxiety flair up recently and my brother is going through a bad time with his girl friend. I tend to feed off other peoples anxiety and it mutates into all kinds of weird scenarios playing out in my head. I know it sounds kinda strange but, I think something terrible is going to happen cause I'm pretty happy as of late. I mean, I'm with the love of my life, my SSI was approved so I have a little money coming in to take care of myself and to top it all off I have a new puppy! I've lost a little weight, my hopefully career as an artist is starting to take off a little, I'm enjoying life. So, something is going to come and tear it apart, right?
Bookmark and Share
I think I'm afraid of being happy because whenever I get too happy something bad always happens. ― Charles M. Schulz

Offline onegirlandherlittledog

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Weird Fears
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2014, 09:09:19 PM »
Nothing is going to tear it apart. You are in a good place so as hard as it seems keep looking forward and enjoying what you have because you deserve it. A new puppy is totally awesome and I hope he/she is super snuggly :)

Enjoy the good, that is what I am trying to do everyday I just try to see and enjoy the good. I try to believe life wil never give me something I can't handle and if I surround myself with the right people I can survive anything and I know you can too :) enjoy your puppy, be an amazing artist and love your life because you deserve it
Bookmark and Share

Offline Sylvanas

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2014, 09:42:01 PM »
The more you have, the more you fear losing. Weird fears are something I too sometimes deal with. Focus on the moments, enjoy them to the fullest because if you keep worrying, in the end it won't matter if a zombie apocalypse comes, your life will already pass you by while you worry. Train to focus. Some things we will never have control over, but you can control on what your focus will be on. Step by step, take things as they come, and if they are good things, simply enjoy them.
Bookmark and Share
I must not fear.
Fear is the mind-killer.
Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
And when it has gone past me I will turn to see fears path.
Where the fear has gone there will be nothing......Only I will remain

Offline lemonlimeskull

• Mood: Scared
    Scared
  • Tired of being afraid....
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2014, 10:56:32 PM »
Thank you both for your encouragement :)
Bookmark and Share
I think I'm afraid of being happy because whenever I get too happy something bad always happens. ― Charles M. Schulz

Offline Sylvanas

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2014, 09:01:21 AM »
It's ok, and everything you feel is ok. Accept your fears, then smile and move past them.
Bookmark and Share
I must not fear.
Fear is the mind-killer.
Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
And when it has gone past me I will turn to see fears path.
Where the fear has gone there will be nothing......Only I will remain

Tags: