Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Palinopsia  (Read 149 times)

Offline NewMommyTX

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Palinopsia
« on: February 09, 2014, 10:51:04 AM »
Hi everyone, so I decided to look up palinopsia to see if I have it and YES I do. I've had it since my anxiety started last year when I was obsessed with floaters and retinal detachment. I've had eye exams done and everything is perfect. Even had LASIK done and I see perfect but I still see after images. Like when I look at something and I move my eyes fast to look at a blank wall I see the after images for a second. I've been going through a brain tumor fear and this palinopsia thing is making it worst! The other week I went to 2 doctors and they told me I don't have a BT and one doctor looked into my eyes with a light and he said there's no signs of it. I'm still scared. Does anyone else get this palinopsia thing and can anxiety cause it? Maybe we pay more attention to things when we are anxious and more aware.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Hypo84

• Rec's: 14
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Palinopsia
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2014, 11:00:09 AM »
Instead of Googling next time type palinopsia in search box on this site. You will find number of ppl saying that they have palinopsia (that's how I learned what it is), and I believe no one was diagnosed with brain tumor and they all have anxiety.

I think you can deduce yourself now if it's brain tumor or anxiety. ;)
Bookmark and Share

Offline NewMommyTX

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2014, 11:08:50 AM »
Thanks I'll try to not google but I'm still so scared.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Hypo84

• Rec's: 14
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2014, 11:15:41 AM »
That is the problem with Googling. You got yourself into panic mode now and it's very hard to think rationally.

No one here can tell you, you don't have brain cancer 100%. But, you don't have it probably around 99%.  And what about that 1%, are you in that group? Well, that is where your rational mind should kick in and say, wait a minute, so many ppl have palinopsia and anxiety and I went to doctor and he said I am fine, so that means I am most likely fine.
Bookmark and Share

Offline emily1994

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2014, 12:41:55 PM »
I get the same thing... I also see trails off of moving objects and visual snow, which is part of palinopsia.

I had an MRI without contrast three months ago, so I don't know what is wrong...
Bookmark and Share

Tags: