Member Gallery    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Blocked nasal cavity worry all day  (Read 539 times)

Offline damnit

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Blocked nasal cavity worry all day
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2014, 01:18:27 AM »
help
Bookmark and Share

Offline patmob

• Rec's: 13
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2014, 07:12:44 AM »
OK so in the old movies and TV shows when someone had a bad cold, they would always be shown sitting at the kitchen table with their face over a big bowl of steaming hot water and a towel covering their head and the bowl of water.  That was the old fashioned way of loosing up clogged nasal passages - the steam from the water would help ease the sinus swelling - thats what likely happened while you were in the bath.  The hot water hit your nasal passages and loosened up the phlegm and it came out.

Today people want to use meds to try and clear clogged sinus but as a long term allergy suffer I personally think that is folly.  A neti pot works simply, much more efficiently and is a lot cheaper.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Kindra11

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Exhausted
    Exhausted
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2014, 12:01:03 PM »
I agree with everyone else, you have nothing to be worried about, get a neti pot and clean your sinuses and breathe steam to help loosen everything up, Sudafed or an allergy medicine would probably help you out a lot or a nasal spray to get everything open. I had blocked sinuses for just over 5 months and had the same worries but my dr and ENT assured me that I was not going to get an eye or brain infection and no I definitely would not die from a blocked nose :)
Bookmark and Share
Broken, But Not Destroyed

Offline mct425

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2014, 02:45:40 PM »
Sounds like an infection or sinus issue--but nothing to worry over.  Call your doctor and see if you need an antibiotic to clear it all up :)
Bookmark and Share

Tags:

anything