Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Constant dizziness, help?  (Read 150 times)

Offline Mermaid8

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Constant dizziness, help?
« on: February 09, 2014, 01:08:07 AM »
So i've been "getting dizzy" since late September. i've gone to the ER and my doctor and got a fasting blood test, came back well. I thought because i'm vegan my b12 or iron could be a lil low, cause I don't always eat the healthiest BUT he was amazed that all my levels were way above average.

I have okay days, and had about a good month of good days but it seems to be back, i'm not talking when you get up and oh crap im dizzy, i'm talking all day dizzy. it's almost as i'm walking on a boat and get like pushed once in a while (sounds weird but its like the floor moves under me too fast).

It gets ten times worse when i'm alone because i'm afraid to pass out by myself, I don't actually pass out though ever (except the blood test, and wisdom teeth removal and it was really wasnt even full fainting, just blacking out a bit) I was put on lexapro back in december but it gave me a panic attack which I dont get, and I felt awful so I went off it after three days.

Does anyone have dizziness like this? it's really ruining my life. It's even really bad when I lay down, it's like i'm on a roller coaster. Would anti-anxiety meds stop this? (i'm scared to take a lot of the pills though because of the withdrawals are really scary) I feel like it's a brain tumor or MS and my anxiety just makes it worse, idk. I'm at a complete loss, I can't work or do anything. I'd love to hear back if you've had similar problems.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Sunlover

• Rec's: 16
  • Mood: Stressed
    Stressed
    • Poke This Member
Re: Constant dizziness, help?
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2014, 06:43:15 AM »
Sounds like vestibular neurinitis  (sorry, can't spell it!)  It's an irritated nerve in the neck.  Not serious just a pain in the keester!  My mom had that, sounds exactly what she described. Was it worse the FIRST time you got it?  They say the first "attack"is the worst and then subsequent ones get less.  As we speak I just woke up this morning and if I look down I get real dizzy - IF you are only getting dizzy with a certain position of your head then that is benign positional vertigo - again not serious just a pain to deal with.

If it's worse when you are scared, then your anxiety is adding more on TOP of it.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Mermaid8

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2014, 08:57:27 AM »
Sounds like vestibular neurinitis  (sorry, can't spell it!)  It's an irritated nerve in the neck.  Not serious just a pain in the keester!  My mom had that, sounds exactly what she described. Was it worse the FIRST time you got it?  They say the first "attack"is the worst and then subsequent ones get less.  As we speak I just woke up this morning and if I look down I get real dizzy - IF you are only getting dizzy with a certain position of your head then that is benign positional vertigo - again not serious just a pain to deal with.

If it's worse when you are scared, then your anxiety is adding more on TOP of it.

It's not that though, which is a bummer because if I knew a actual cause I could fix it. It's been months now I'm sure I would have other symptoms and the dizziness is the same always. I've read other stories of horrible dizziness from anxiety so I'm really just not sure anymore. The only test I havent had is a MRI.
Bookmark and Share

Offline clippergoodwill

• Rec's: 12
  • Mood: Relaxed
    Relaxed
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2014, 11:37:50 AM »
I have a condition called vestibular migraines - where instead of a headache, I feel dizzy. It showed up on an MRI last year and is treated with a variety of medications. It's actually very common, so common that most dr's consider it a variation of the human form (rather than an illness) - kinda like how some people have good eyesight and some have bad. Apparently I've been having them for years but they've only become obvious once I started having anxiety issues. Anxiety makes everything worse.
Bookmark and Share