Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Seperation anxiety?  (Read 246 times)

Offline amagicmoose

• Just Joined!
  • Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Seperation anxiety?
« on: February 08, 2014, 10:56:21 PM »
I am 15 and I think I got seperation anxiety extremely bad, This pretty much all started when I was 8 and my dad died in a car accident.

Everytime my brother or mom go somewhere I ALWAYS have to go, it's incredibly awkward and it pretty much happens everyday, if I don't go I get extremely anxious and can't stop thinking about them, I usually try to call them every 10-20 mins making shure there fine and when they don't awnser the phone I immidiantly think the worst has happened and it really panics me:/.

Whenever I hear a ambulance I immidiantly call them fearing the worst and if they don't awnser after a few calls I usually walk around my house in circles at a fast pace and occasionally look outside the window.

I always ask when she will be home and if its anything past the time she said and she is still not here I panic, this only happens with my bro and mom, I have a sister that is 24 and I guess I don't have it with her because she's been out of the house for so long

This ***** is driving me nuts. Any help?

Sorry if I messed up any words. On my phone atm
Bookmark and Share

Offline alizzy

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Seperation anxiety?
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2014, 03:47:03 PM »
Hi MagicMoose!  I too imagine the worse when the people I love go out on the road, especially when I hear sirens or they aren't home as early as I thought they'd be.  While it sounds like your separation anxiety is much more intense, I will tell you what helps calm me down.  Sometimes I make them a gift:  like I will create a card for them on the computer, or paint them a picture.  I think it helps because it keeps my mind occupied (keeping the worry down), and I am also doing something for the person I love.  It helps me feel good because I can show them I love them, and it turns my worry into anticipation because I get excited to show them what I made for them.  Be creative with what you are passionate about and turn it into something you can give your loved one.  Sometimes I cooks super for them or make their bed.  If I don't have time to do something specifically for my loved one, I try to keep myself very busy so I don't have time to dwell on my worry.  It's impossible to keep those terrifying thoughts from crossing your mind, but if you don't spend a lot of time turning them over in your head and dwelling on them, it's effect on you will be significantly less.  I know anxiety can be paralyzing and it blows everything out of proportion.  It makes sense that your separation anxiety would be intense since you know what it's like to loose someone. 

Good luck!  I hope you find some tricks that help you! 
--alizzy  :action-smiley-065: 
Bookmark and Share

Tags: